Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 4520 All-in-One Printer
Other

Has anyone found a solution to the MIMECAST EMAIL HOLD problem? I've skimmed through all of the posts and didn't really see where Hp has helped at all.

Thanks in advance for any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you, will def take this advice!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Yes. Had the same problem when I emailed to my printer email and left my mail app from my other email address - so not related to my registration with HP. Hours of tracking this down leading to speaking with 3 different agents came down to this:

forget the “email to printer”

get the HP Smart Print app onto your device(s)

just use HP Smart printing

reprint via HP Smart the document you originally sent to the printer’s email address 

forget the “trapped” print as a lost cause

Good luck!

HP Recommended

Thank you, will def take this advice!

HP Recommended

what was the sollution?

HP Recommended

Someone at HP created this "MIMECAST". I cannot understand why they cannot respond to these questions and provide solutions.

HP Recommended

I’ve looking on the internet, no one is going to tell me what the solution is. HP is keeping quiet, no answer what so ever. My supplier he asked it at HP, and they say that I have a virus, that isn’t their problem. 🤬

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.