Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 2700
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've had my HP DeskJet 2700 for a few months now. Every so often it goes offline to where I have to spend almost 30 minutes uninstalling and reinstalling over and over again for it go back into online mode. Why does this keeps happening every so often?

Today, I've been getting "Error-Printing" in the printing queue. I've tried:

Read through several solutions.

Restarting my computer (desktop, not laptop).

Turning off printer and unplugging for 30 seconds, and plugging back and turning back on.

Turning off printer and turning it back on.

Set printer to default

Uninstalled HP Smart

Reinstalled HP Smart

Uninstalled printer from computer through add/remove printer

Reinstalled printer from computer through add/remove printer

Tried solving it with HP Print and Scan Doctor all to be told it was a drive problem so I uninstalled the printer again

Printer won't print documents

Printer won't print test page

Printer won't print printer reports

I've completely uninstalled HP Smart and removed printer from computer through add/remove printer for the 10th time in a row. HP Smart is now hung up in "Collecting your printer status" while attempting to install printer.

Now what?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you see the printer ready, meaning with a solid power light, 00 on the LED, and no blinking lights?

Can you print a Self-Test report from the hardware by holding the Cancel button for 3 seconds?

Or may you see any blinking light indication on the printer front panel? any error on the LED screen?

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

No blinking lights, solid power light.

The only way I can print anything is through the Print and Scan Doctor and it's not even helping at this point.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please unplug the power cable.

For testing purposes, be sure to plug it directly to a wall socket.

Power on the printer and try painting a Printer Status Report by holding the Cancel button for 3 seconds.

Please let me know the exact response of the printer while trying to print a such.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.