Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
hp 6600

I changed an ink cartridge using an HP one and now have a "ink system failure" error.  I did the unplug, wait 60 seconds and still there.  Dug a little more and it shows now a censor error for the ink cartridge color I replaced.  Its code CN054A.   Any ideas on what to do?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@healthnuts, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand you are not able to print due to this error. Kindly perform the steps mentioned in this document - Resolving 'Ink System Failure', 'System Supply Problem' Errors

Have you tried installing the old ink cartridge and check if the error persists? By this, we can conclude if the new replacement ink cartridge is fine.

If the issue persists, please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer. 

If the printer is out of warranty, I suggest you upgrade the printer. You may visit Hp Store to check the available printers.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes, I did try the reset with the power.  I have tried the old cartridge (there is only one that is low, the one that now shows a sensor error) and I purchased two different new ones where I tried both.  Same error.  I suspect the sensor was tripped and simply cannot reset itself as I have narrowed it down to the CN054A error.  Is there a way to do a complete printer reset?  The power unplug must be leaving something in memory.  

Open to ideas!  Thanks!

HP Recommended

@healthnuts

This is a hardware failure. A factory reset on the printer will not help to resolve this issue. If the printer is stuck at the error, the semi-full reset cannot be performed.

I suggest you upgrade the printer. You may visit Hp Store to check the available printers.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks.  I really can't imagine how changing a cartridge made this fail suddenly.  Bummer as its a great printer and I hate to landfill it.

HP Recommended

@healthnuts

I understand your concern. But, there is nothing else that can be done as it is a hardware issue.

Keep us posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.