cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Note for common printer problems
Customers receiving the"will damage your computer" message along with others like "unable to access cups/tmp" or "'@%' cannot be opened" need to update their version of the macOS. Please check this article for more information: HP Printers - A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing (macOS) .
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Deskjet 2600 series blinking power light

HP Recommended
Deskjet 2635
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This post is not as much me needing help, but rather sharing the method I used to resolve my printer's seemingly bricked state of having a blinking power light with a 0 on the screen and no response from the buttons.

Symptoms:
Power light blinks after plugging in power

A 0 is displayed on screen

Pressing and holding the cancel button results in the number changing to a 7

Pressing and holding the info button causes the 0 to flash, and can then be increased to any single digit number by pressing the info button further

Printer does not respond when plugged in with USB

Solution:

Power down the printer or unplug it. Close all access doors. Plug a USB cable from the printer to a computer. Start the printer up. On the computer, allow the computer to scan for new printers, and when it finds the Deskjet 2600 series, install the "HP Smart" program. From this program, begin the "add new device" process, and select "connect printer to wifi". This will cause the printer to be broken out of it's bricked state and hopefully work again. 

Hope this helps someone out, as I couldn't find any of this info anywhere online and had to trial and error my way through until I got it to work.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation