Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 4500
Linux

I have accessed my HP ENVY 4500 printer through my browser using

HTTPS://printeripaddress

and that worked the way it should but when I click on a tab I am asked for a username and password that I have not setup.  What is the default username and password for HP web access?

Bryan Sailer
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi@bryansailer1

Thank for the reply.

Appreciate your time and efforts.

Restore network settings to default settings.

1. Press the Wireless button to access the Wireless Status menu.

2. Press the button next to Settings to access the Wireless Settings menu.

3. Select Restore Defaults.

4. Confirm selection to restore defaults.

Then try to connect the printer again and check if it fixes the issue.

Keep me posted, cheers 🙂

Regards,
Sizzlingsum_13
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Greetings!!@bryansailer1

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.Thank you for posting your query.I read your post I see that you are looking for assistance HP web access is that right?Thank you for sharing the issue details. I will certainly do my best to help you.

The default username is Admin, but the password is blank by default.

Please complete the steps and let me know the outcome.

I'll be eagerly waiting to assist you with same, cheers 🙂

Have a nice day.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

Regards,
Sizzlingsum_13
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried using Admin and left the password blank but it did not work.  Then I tried my username and password of my router and that did not work.  What could the password be for my printer?

Thank you,

Bryan Sailer

Bryan Sailer
HP Recommended

After resetting my printer the default username and password still do not work.  Does anyone know of a solution for this to allow me to have access to the settings on my printer through my browser?

Bryan Sailer
HP Recommended

Hi@bryansailer1

Thank for the reply.

Appreciate your time and efforts.

Restore network settings to default settings.

1. Press the Wireless button to access the Wireless Status menu.

2. Press the button next to Settings to access the Wireless Settings menu.

3. Select Restore Defaults.

4. Confirm selection to restore defaults.

Then try to connect the printer again and check if it fixes the issue.

Keep me posted, cheers 🙂

Regards,
Sizzlingsum_13
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Restoring the printer back to factory defaults finally worked.  I must have set a password when I bought it and forgot.  It has been a few years ,but any way thank you for your assistance.

Bryan Sailer
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and glad that the issue is resolved. Please do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

After working through many different troubleshooting steps I was about to reset the web server password on my HP ENVY 4500.

Follow these steps:

1.  On the printer's LED screen scroll down to Wireless Direct.

2.  Press OK

3.  You will have a screen that says Wireless Direct and it will either be ON / OFF.  Turn this service ON and scroll down to Display Password.

4.  Press OK

5.  Next screen says Display Password and an 8 digit number "To customize and create more secure passwords, use the embedded web server(EWS)"  The number is the password but you can either press OK for "Done" or "-" for Reset.  Choose reset and the printer will reset the web server.

6.  Now access the printer's Web Server and the password has been removed.

Bryan Sailer
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.