Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5055 printer

HP ENVY 5055  was printing   just fine from my IPhone, before. But now it does some printing sound and few seconds later empty paper slides  out. i unplugged it and plugged it back, deleted the printer from my phone   But still same  what do I do? Please help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@TinaB3

A warm welcome to HP Support Community! I'd like to help.

Does the printer print when you copy a document?

Are you using HP Smart App or AirPrint to print?

Let me know!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

@TinaB3

A warm welcome to HP Support Community! I'd like to help.

Does the printer print when you copy a document?

Are you using HP Smart App or AirPrint to print?

Let me know!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It doesn’t print, when I try to do a cooy. I use airprint. I bought this printer recently. It printed  just fine like two or three times. And all of a sudden won’t print. I changed nothing since used it the very 1st time. Thank you  

HP Recommended

I touched the “... solved....”  button accidentally. Don’t know how to undo it

HP Recommended

@TinaB3

Not to worry, there is way you to undo the Accepted Solution, hover over to the Options or "..." on the post that you marked as accepted solution to display a list of actions that can be performed for that post. Then click Not the Solution, to un-mark the post as the solution. You may also refer to this video.

Since the printer is not printing even while copying a document, its possible that the ink cartridge nozzles are clogged. 

Power resetting the printer and then performing an automated/manual cleaning may resolve the issue. Let's try these steps:

Please ensure the printer is up-to-date with its firmware. If you are unsure, you may use the steps available here to update the printer firmware.

1) Make sure this printer is plugged into a direct wall, not a surge protector

2) Remove all of your ink cartridges from the printer and close the door

3) Remove the power cord from the back of the printer (Do no press the power button)

4) Clean the ink cartridge nozzles, refer to step 13 from this document.

5) Plug the power cord back into the printer

6) Wait for the printer to turn on completely, then install the ink cartridges.

7) On the printer control panel, swipe left on the display, and then touch Setup .

😎 Touch Tools. Swipe up on the display, and then touch Clean Page Smears.

9) On the printer control panel, swipe left on the display, and then touch Setup .

10) Touch Tools, and then touch Clean Cartridges. Touch Yes when prompted to perform the next level of cleaning.

11) On the printer control panel, swipe left on the display, and then touch Setup .

12) Touch Tools. Swipe up on the display, and then touch Align Printer. Follow the onscreen instruction to complete the alignment.

Let me know how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I've done everything on the list and it didn't work.

HP Recommended

So there should be a law against companies wasting their customer's time like this!  Hours wasted trying to get a machine you've spend money on that does not work or requires you to jump through hoops to work.  I've had this stupid thing for 6 months, it's worked a total of 5 times about 12 pages total and like an idiot here I am tonight trying again at 3am trying to get this garbage working.  I'm an idiot for wasting more time in this garbage machine and HP you should be ashamed for taking our money (wish you'd just said it's cheap so don't expect it to work) and for wasting our time like this. 

HP Recommended

Yup. Right there with you.

HP Recommended

After I followed all your instructions, the printer still does not print.

It goes through the motions, everything moves inside, but nothing shows up on the papere.

Almost like the cartridges are empty, yet the indicator says they are half full.

What the hey?

HP Recommended

It does print it does not print from Q

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.