Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4520 Series

I have tried multiple times in un-/re-installing the software for this printer to my laptop in hopes that it would help with the alignment issues, but nothing.

I don't know what else to do in getting my printer to have proper alignment.  Every time I print something out everything is off on the document.  The virtual agent here wasn't helpful to me since my printer ran out of warranty.

Any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@holyblonde25,

Welcome to HP Support Community!

Have you tried to print the print quality diagnostic report from the printer?

Does this happen only while printing from one application or from other applications as well.

Are you able to make a copy from the printer?

Let's try to perform a Hard reset on the printer and make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.

Remove all ink cartridges from the printer, then close the door
Remove the power cord from the printer (Do not press the power button)
Wait 60 seconds or more, then plug the power cord back in
Wait for the printer to turn on completely, then install the ink cartridges
Try to print another alignment

You may also refer to this support document for additional steps - HP Printers - Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues

Hope this answers your question.

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

I used the print quality diagnostic report and it didn't work.  It doesn't matter if I print or make a copy it still doesn't print correctly.

I tried your suggestion about pulling out the cord and removing the ink cartridges.  It did not work.  Now the printer is telling me that there's no toner for either the color or black and these both are 75% filled.

I'm not sure what else to do.

Please advise.

Thank you,

Nicole

HP Recommended

@holyblonde25,

In this scenario, I would personally suggest you contact our HP support team as this could be an issue with the printer itself. 

HP support can be reached on www.hp.com/contacthp

Select the product type.

Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

Select the country from the drop-down.

You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

I did do all that, but my printer is out of warranty. I tried the Chat option, but they told me if I called I would be charged. 

Please advise. 

Thank you

HP Recommended

@holyblonde25,

I'm afraid we've reached the end of the line, if the steps on the link I shared didn't do the trick, it would confirm a hardware malfunction and you may want to Contact HP to have the device repaired, or if the device is not within the warranty, you may want to check with the local tech for repair or the store for upgrade options:

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂
Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.