Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Photo 6255 All-In-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I own an HP Envy Photo 6255 All-in-one Inkjet, but I have had the issue multiple times where all of the lights flash on the printer and I would constantly get an error code on the screen. I have replaced the cartridges, and unplugged and rebooted the printer several times, but the error code would keep coming up, whether I was currently printing a document or if it was just sitting, idle. I have had this printer for about three or four years now and I don't know whether or not it needs servicing or if it should just be scrapped and thrown away. All of the firmware and software is up to date, I have checked on the HP site.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @HeyitsLea,

I'd like to help!

Could you share the exact error on the printer screen?

Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Hey, Jay!

Thanks for the support! If I recall, the error messages would vary from time to time, but the most recent one I had received was 0XB3053080 (or 0XB3050B0). I have had this printer for more than five years, and if there is no solution available or the problem is due to a hardware failure, then I will look into recycling both the printer itself and the ink cartridges through Best Buy's recycling program.

HP Recommended

I understand you are receiving a "B305" error on the printer screen.

We can perform a factory defaults on the printer to resolve the issue

• The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may corrupt the device.
  • I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.