Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJetPro 6978
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I keep getting this error even though I have unplugged it from the surge protector, plugged it directly into the wall and pressed the power button fro 5 seconds. There is no jam or issue. This printer is only 2 years old and I don't see the reason to replace it. I have no idea what to do to fix this situation as I can't find a human at HP to actually help me. Does anyone have any insight or ideas on how to fix this? 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@OliviaRon, Welcome to HP Support Community!

If you have already performed the steps from the document '0xc19a0005' or Similar Error Code Displays and the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure.

Please reach out to HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Honestly this printer is only 2 years old - for it to have hardware issues is ridiculous. I’ve tried everything and bwvause it is out of warranty I can’t get any help from

HP or speak to anything besides a bot. So I definitely will not be purchasing anything from HP again as this is such horrible customer service and poor quality products. 

HP Recommended

@OliviaRon

Since the device is out of warranty, and we've concluded that this is a hardware malfunction, I may have a few pointers/suggestions to help you out, however, since these suggestions are limited to you and your printer alone, I'd like to send out a private message with those details.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

While I appreciate the support it’s a little late. I already bought a new printer. I tried all the troubleshooting and found similar posts on the forum with no luck. Honestly really sad that a barely 2 year old item with limited use has a hardware issue. The overall quality is just so disappointing. I will not be buying HP again knowing the products only last as long as the very short warranty.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.