Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 7410 All-in-One Printer

HP Officejet 7410 All-in-One printer

front screen is on but the printer will not turn on

I've tried unplugging the power cord, tried #6 and that method did not work.  Please help.. Thank you..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This is the original Post that helped me fix my printer..  It was in the archives.. It works like a charm..

By: DanPeay

12-12-2010    01:43 PM

"In case the link to this solution gets broken, here are the written instructions to solve this.  There is a mfg defect on the mainboard connection to the wireless card.  This problem has been reported by over 4100 users.  Disconnecting the wireless card will allow the printer to get past the power on cycle test."

"1.Unplug power.  Remove the black paper feeder from the back of the printing machine by pressing in on the tabs on either side and pulling away from the machine.

2. Remove the two silver screws, holding the back panel piece on. Then with the two screws removed, push upwards on the piece to unlock it from the printer and then remove it.

3.The wire you want to unplug is the one nearest the TOP of the board and SECOND in from the back of the printer.  The wire’s connector head is rather small with 6 wires, covered with black plastic sheath, located BEHIND the first (larger) plug in the upper left hand corner, as you look at it from the back. 

4. Plug the power back and press Cancel and Power for a couple seconds."  IT  TOOK ABOUT 20 SECONDS TO TURN ON..

I will add that I used a Craftsman 3" 75mm Screwdriver to get the screws removed.  TX10  CMHT65035..

I'm so glad that I joined this site. I had no idea how easy this would be to fix..

Thank you!!!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@HotPink14

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Try connecting the Printer to a different wall outlet directly.

Try a firmware update: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the help.  I fixed it!!  It was the Wireless Card. I removed it and it's working perfectly.. I'm ecstatic!!

HP Recommended

This is the original Post that helped me fix my printer..  It was in the archives.. It works like a charm..

By: DanPeay

12-12-2010    01:43 PM

"In case the link to this solution gets broken, here are the written instructions to solve this.  There is a mfg defect on the mainboard connection to the wireless card.  This problem has been reported by over 4100 users.  Disconnecting the wireless card will allow the printer to get past the power on cycle test."

"1.Unplug power.  Remove the black paper feeder from the back of the printing machine by pressing in on the tabs on either side and pulling away from the machine.

2. Remove the two silver screws, holding the back panel piece on. Then with the two screws removed, push upwards on the piece to unlock it from the printer and then remove it.

3.The wire you want to unplug is the one nearest the TOP of the board and SECOND in from the back of the printer.  The wire’s connector head is rather small with 6 wires, covered with black plastic sheath, located BEHIND the first (larger) plug in the upper left hand corner, as you look at it from the back. 

4. Plug the power back and press Cancel and Power for a couple seconds."  IT  TOOK ABOUT 20 SECONDS TO TURN ON..

I will add that I used a Craftsman 3" 75mm Screwdriver to get the screws removed.  TX10  CMHT65035..

I'm so glad that I joined this site. I had no idea how easy this would be to fix..

Thank you!!!

HP Recommended

@HotPink14

Good to know that issue is resolved.

Feel free to contact us in the future if you need any assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.