Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet pro 6830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Officejet pro 6830 printer. Today I tried to print a document and when I went to print and I saw that it said that the printer was offline. I looked at the setting and saw that it was connected to the internet and it was on. I have already tried the HP PRINT AND SCAN DOCTOR and it didn't resolve the problem. When i went to test print on HP PRINT AND SCAN DOCTOR, it printed fine but my document didn't print. Please can someone help me resolve this issue. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HI @B_kaur,

Welcome to HP Support Forums. Best platform for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues. To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

I see that you are having a trouble where the printer is showing offline. Try the steps below to fix the issue.

Since you have already tried to run the Print and Scan doctor and still having the same issue. 

Try to perform Wireless setup wizard on the printer. Once you have the Printer IP address. I would suggest you go ahead and Re-install the printer driver software, using the support website: Here is the link.

Try reviewing the support website for more information:

Printer is Offline (Windows) - Click here

Printer Not Found During Network Driver Setup (Windows) - Click here

Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection - Click here

If nothing works, I would suggest you can try to assign a manual IP address and creating a TCP/IP Port which should help to resolve the issue:

Assign a manual IP and creating a TCP/IP port should resolve printer offline issue.

Watch the video to know how to assign a manual IP on HP Printer: http://hp.care/2cqpl6p   

Refer this to create a TCP/IP port: http://hp.care/2dxUJQo   

I hope this helps. If you need any further assistance, do let me know.

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

HI @B_kaur,

Welcome to HP Support Forums. Best platform for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues. To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

I see that you are having a trouble where the printer is showing offline. Try the steps below to fix the issue.

Since you have already tried to run the Print and Scan doctor and still having the same issue. 

Try to perform Wireless setup wizard on the printer. Once you have the Printer IP address. I would suggest you go ahead and Re-install the printer driver software, using the support website: Here is the link.

Try reviewing the support website for more information:

Printer is Offline (Windows) - Click here

Printer Not Found During Network Driver Setup (Windows) - Click here

Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection - Click here

If nothing works, I would suggest you can try to assign a manual IP address and creating a TCP/IP Port which should help to resolve the issue:

Assign a manual IP and creating a TCP/IP port should resolve printer offline issue.

Watch the video to know how to assign a manual IP on HP Printer: http://hp.care/2cqpl6p   

Refer this to create a TCP/IP port: http://hp.care/2dxUJQo   

I hope this helps. If you need any further assistance, do let me know.

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I have to much work to do to continue dealing with this issue. I have removed the printer twice now. It still goes offline and i have to restart my computer again and again and again. I work for a living man.
HP Recommended

Agreed!  This is the worst HP printer I've ever had.  It's offline more than on. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.