Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Seems that over a month has gone by, and still no HP Scan solution by HP. This is not acceptable. There are other solutions for images, but HP Scan does OCR. There aren't a lot of other options out there. Something should have been ready to remedy this before Mavericks was released, not over a month later. I'm still waiting...

HP Recommended

This is irritating.

We are searching for the fix, and i see that there is no solution.

Seems like people will start changing there vendor now, scan is an issue.

HP Recommended
The purposed solution is not working, because it doesn't find the scanner. Only printer is working.

Most probably it is the driver issue. Unless, HP issue must solve this immediately.
HP Recommended

Yes, it most certainly is irritating. HP updates have always lagged MacOS X updates for some reason. Perhaps they have very few people working on them and devote there resources elsewhere, but the D110a I bought is less than a year old, and I expect complete fixes, not excuses, on the part of a vendor. I was considering buying a color laser as I don't print regularly and find often with inkjets, you install premium priced cartridges, and have them dry out before you even finish them, but seeing the lack of priority and attention put by HP, I will consider a different vendor for it.

Especially for a multifunctional, this sort of issue needs to be given top priority. I sometimes use the scanner more than even the printer, and had some important documents since the upgrade that were easier to retype by hand than go through hoops like a trained dog. Customers many times are silent; they vote with their feet, so to speak.

HP Recommended

i agree.

waiting for the HP response

HP Recommended

Take the "Solved!" label off.  I have a new Laserjet Pro 1217nfs purchased after updating to Mavericks,  While I can print from the OS update, the scanner apparently did not install.  It does not show up in Image Capture or anywhere else.  I am extremely displeased with HP.  Never will I buy a printer from HP again.  I will write as many bad reviews as I can find online retailers, including the one I bought this from.  You have wasted hours and hours of my time.  The posted "fix" does not work.  It is totally outrageous that you should label this problem "Solved."

HP Recommended
There are workarounds but, as far as I can make out, they don't provide the option to scan multiple pages into a single document, which HP Scan did. My Photosmart B110a is apparently currently fully supported by Apple and it's a shame that HP have, so far, failed to update HP Scan under Mavericks.
HP Recommended

Seems like HP ignore the forum all together. They don't even respond to the support query, very late.

I will put them in my least faviorate.

HP Recommended

Dear HP,

My message to you is simple.  As a customer, refusing to update your software for a printer I barely bought a year ago is unacceptable.  

FIX IT...or lose a customer.

Kind Regards

Stelios

HP Recommended

I agree with the frustrated Mac users.  I have the same problem with the scanner part of my HP Photosmart Premium C310 series not being recognized with my OSX 10.9   

HP will be losing a lot of customers, it seems, by ignoring this issue and the Mac population...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.