Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
But make sure ALL HP S/W is purged BEFORE update
HP Recommended

Did they solve the scanning problem with all in one 4500g510 ? It was supposed to be fix today .Apparently there is no update avalaible right now for the scannong problem:-(

HP Recommended
there s no update....:-( no yet
HP Recommended
See support.apple.com/kB/ht3669 - that shows scanning fixed in HP printer software update 2.16.1.
HP Recommended

i can't find it.... The latest update wasn't work with Mavericks:-(

HP Recommended

C4780 - Mac OS 10.9.1.......

Last week Mac update.. since many issues. - Scanning ……No, or black image.   As directed in HP Support Forum

I trashed HP Folder in HD- Downloaded / installed HP Printer Driver 2.16.1 - Will print fine but now no HP folder in HD/Applications.  No HP Scan, HP Install, Uninstall, etc.    No way to  scan at all now .  Attempted many Forum suggestions with no success.  I tried Image Capture, whatever that is.  It says no scanner connected.   P/S pref shows a Scan button………..nothing happens ....‘Open Scanner’ window says “failed to open session on the device

Network Diagnostics show WiFi with all Status green, except server which is Red. After restarting, 'cannot find server appears again.' with -  “this computer appears to have a working internet connection, but cannot find photosmart C4700 series(58B21A._pdl-datastream._tcp.local.” You  may have address incorrect.

It seems I should have a HP folder in Applications as before.  If true, how do I do that?  Should I reinstall original CD with Snow Leopard?

and where do you find answers?  I can not even locate my initial posts a few days ago...??

thanks

c

HP Recommended

I think i am going to sell my all in one and never gonna spent one cent with HP products, too bad

HP Recommended

OK, so this is what I did after recent Apple HP Printer Update 2.16.1:

• Deleted ALL HP software
  • Deleted HP printer
  • Added HP printer again

If you then open System Preferences, Printers and Scanners, and then highlight your printer, options of Print and Scan should both be visible.

HP Recommended
After all I have done, I tried your simple process and it worked.
Not sure if your simple solution was all I needed or merely the final step......... Thanks very much...........
Cin1
HP Recommended
Oh.... And if using Mavericks NEVER install any HP s/w again! Use only what comes in Apple s/w updates.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.