Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Tango 2RY54B
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Hello! so my printer was saying a 'printer' jam was occurring, upon inspection I could see the printer cartridge cradle was not moving towards the centre of the printer with the lid open, so I suspected it was that what was jammed. There is no paper jammed in the printer.

What I think is either the encoding wire or a flat wire looked to be stuck down the right-hand side of the printer cartridge cradle. So I removed it stupidly and now have no idea to fit it back in and can't locate pictures online.

Does anybody with a HP Tango know how this flat wire is supposed to fit on the right side of the cartridge cradle? it was weaved in and out a couple of parts of the plastic on the side of the cradle.

Manufacturer Warranty is expired. Printer is turned off and I have managed to get the cradle in the middle so I can access it. Help really appreciated if anybody can.

Image 1 

Image 2

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@nOdeity

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team regarding this.

Link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ok. I have to pay for support?

Virtual agent won't be useful. The community is this and you've directed me elsewhere. The only remaining option is paid 'HP Phone Support (Fee Based)'?

Thanks,
Martin

HP Recommended

Since it is a hardware issue there will be charges for repair. You do not have to pay to speak to someone to setup the Service since no Troubleshooting is required here

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ok that's fine, so if in the UK who do I ring or email to book in a repair?

If I follow the link above I get to these options:

1. Online Support (virtual agent)

2. HP Support Community

3. HP Paid Phone Support (Fee Based)

HP Recommended

Please reach the HP Phone support team-

Follow the instructions below to reach them:

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device. 

4) Select the country from the drop-down. 

5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 

6)Fill the web-form and proceed further.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.