Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

When I look at the available WIFI networks, I see my network and networks created by both of my HP printers.

I use the router that came with my cable/internet provider (Verizon).

HP Recommended

How many RJ45 ports on the router?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

HP Recommended

You connected to the Wan port, connect to a ethernet port.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I tried that, did not work. HP Print and Scan Doctor still says that the printer is installed, but can not communicate with it, can not retrieve wireless network settings. I can print from a wireless device (phone or tablet) but not from my wired PC.

HP Recommended

Did the computer IP change to a 192...?

HP Recommended

No. It is 96.255.xxx.xxx

HP Recommended

You should contact Version & explain what you are trying to do.

HP Recommended

I solved my printer connection issue.

Summarizing, the issue was that I could not print from my PC (HP Pavilion desktop computer) to my wireless printer (HP Officejet Pro 8610).  I could print if I connected it by using a cable, and I could print from my wireless devices (phone, tablet) but could not print from my PC. I could not connect the printer wirelessly to the PC for printing.

Solution. Connect the printer to the WIFI from my router and not the Google WIFI mesh. My router was provided by my internet provider, it had poor WIFI in some parts of the house. I later added a Google WIFI mesh system to enhance the WIFI signal. The Google WIFI mesh has a strong signal and works great for my wireless devices, but when I connected the printer to the mesh, it could not be seen by the PC. The PC only sees the WIFI from the router.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.