Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9015
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have tried everything with the "doctor" and other troubleshooting items and i cannot connect my printer to my computer. it was working earlier in the week but then i moved and i cannot print to it anymore. i am on the same network and even the same router as before but nothing is working properly. I have switched ports and unistalled/reinstalled drivers and nothing works. Please help!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Wapper46, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

On the printer screen, go to Setup > Network Setup > Restore network settings

Go back to Network > Wireless > Wireless setup wizard and select your network.

• Make sure the printer and the PC are connected to the same wireless network.
  • This printer supports only 2.4GHz network. So, the PC should be on the 2.4GHz network.
  • If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both the networks.

Use the HP Smart app to print and scan from your Win 10 PC(Wireless connectivity)

Click here to download and know more about the app.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Wapper46, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

On the printer screen, go to Setup > Network Setup > Restore network settings

Go back to Network > Wireless > Wireless setup wizard and select your network.

• Make sure the printer and the PC are connected to the same wireless network.
  • This printer supports only 2.4GHz network. So, the PC should be on the 2.4GHz network.
  • If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both the networks.

Use the HP Smart app to print and scan from your Win 10 PC(Wireless connectivity)

Click here to download and know more about the app.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Kumar0307,

This worked! I also have to use a VPN connect for my company and found that when I am connected to the VPN then my connection to the printer is lost. Even with the USB cable it does not work (which is odd in my opinion). Thanks for your help, unless you can also tell me why i can't connect to it using a USB cable between the printer and my computer. Maybe I would need to turn off the Wi-fi connection on the printer for it to work with the USB cable, I am not sure. 

HP Recommended

@Wapper46

Check for any security software that would block the printer while connected using a USB cable.

Check if you are able to print via USB when you are not connected to the VPN.

If you are not he admin of the computer and your IT department controls the computer, there could be few settings that would be locked.

Let me know how this goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.