Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Issue with printer, Trying to find Http://192.168.223.1 to click scan and get the printer working.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Community!

Here are some links that might help:

Printing Self-Test Pages

Installing the Printer Software for a Wireless Network Connection

As for that 192.168.223.1 IP address you posted in the title, that looks to be something from a feature called "Wireless Direct".  I don't know if that's the full connection, but here's some info on it too: HP Printers - Wireless Printing from a Laptop, Phone, or Tablet

That being said, if after trying all of this doesn't help connect your printer to your router, you can contact HP support or find the local telephone number for your country here: http://welcome.hp.com/country/w1/en/support.html Please look for the category "Technical Support After you Buy"

Agatha
I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

57 REPLIES 57
HP Recommended

Hello 57900,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

Regarding the I.P address you are trying to access, that is for the printers Wireless Direct connection. In order to connect to this I.P address, the computer, smart phone or tablet would need to be connected to the Wireless Direct on the printer.

What is the model of printer you are working with? Is it a computer you are trying to get the printer setup on? If so, what is the Operating System installed on the computer, Windows or Mac?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Deskjet 2540 I want connect it with smartphone android operator
HP Recommended

Hello azimi,

Looks like you are having issues getting the Deskjet 2540 setup for use with your Android Smartphone. If you have a wireless network, you will need to connect the printer to that. See below steps;

• Turn Wireless Direct on from the front panel button on the printer. (number 4).

Front Panel 2540.JPG

• Connect the Smartphone to the printer network, Settings> Network> HP-Print-2540.
  • Open Internet browser and type this I.P address into the address bar, 192.168.223.1 and hit Enter.

• Go to Network or Wireless and then Wireless Setup Wizard.

• Select your network and enter the needed information.

The wireless light on the printer should go solid. Connect the Samrtphone back to your network and try to print.

If you do not have a wireless network, turn on Wireless Direct and connect the Smartphone to the printers network and try to print.

Cheers,

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Have HP Envy 4500 and HP Chromebook...need to scan doc's...is it possible?

HP Recommended

Hello Bgallagher,

Via the Printer's EWS, you can scan. But, typically only as a JPEG. You would access the EWS by entering the printer's I.P address into the address bar of Chrome.

Regards,

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

What is EWS?

When I type the IP address it seems pretty generic..I end up in a run around loop back to nowhere...

should i be using the subnet mask address?

or hardware address??I printed configuration page so I have all the info in front of me

HP Recommended

The EWS is the the Embedded Web Server. It is a "control panel" or "interface" for the printer. The ENVY and Chromebook will need to be on the same network. Entering in the I.P address in the address bar of the web browser will bring up a page that should look like this:

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Okay we are getting closer...

Says I need to turn on webscan..

setting is in administrator ...but under settings there is no adminstrator button..

Suggestions?

HP Recommended

You need to go to Setting> Security> allow the page to continue, if prompted with a pop up> Administrator Settings. Web Scan should be the only option there.

Cheers,

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.