Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8620 e-All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 11

I recently received an HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 printer, but I didn't receive any of the SETUP-cartridges.
Now I don't really mind buying some new cartridges, so I did that.

However, the printer won't install without the SETUP-Cartridges.

I have searched this forum for a solution but I couldn't find one that worked.

I kind of need this printer to function soon, is there any way to bypass this screen?

Regards,

-rene-

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @sandovarf,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you. 

If your HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 printer lost its setup cartridges, you may need to purchase new cartridges before you can start using your printer. The setup cartridges are usually included with a new printer, but you can purchase replacement cartridges from an authorized HP retailer or online.

Here are the steps you can follow to purchase new setup cartridges for your HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 printer.

• Go to the HP website and select the "Ink & Toner" option from the top menu.
  • Select your printer model (OfficeJet Pro 8620) from the list of available printers.
  • Choose the type of cartridge you need (black, cyan, magenta, or yellow) and click "Add to Cart".
  • Review your order and click "Checkout" to complete your purchase.

Once you have received your new setup cartridges, you can follow the instructions included with the printer to install them and set up your printer for use. It's important to use only genuine HP cartridges to ensure the best performance and print quality from your printer.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.