Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I hate to be contrary but you asked me to contact you if I found no help and I did and I find myself right back here! Is anyone reading these things?

HP Recommended

I have an HP ProBook 455, running Windows 7 and use Google Chrome.  When I attempted to print a Google Sheet from My Drive, it saved as a PDF.  I tried several times and it will not print.  

I switch between saving to PDF and printing many times throughout the day and this is the first this has ever happened.  I can't locate where to "switch" the settings and send it to the printer.  

Very frustrating.  

HP Recommended

My printer makes me save instead of printing

@dcl1 wrote:

I am unable to print without saving and the previous instructions did not work.  Please advise.

@dcl1 wrote:

I am unable to print without saving and the previous instructions did not work.  Please advise.

What does this mean!

HP Recommended
When you print from the Google Chrome browser the print dialogue box will come up. The change button is just under the button that says Save. Click on that and it should give you various choices of what to change to including your own printer.
HP Recommended

My printer makes me save the document first instead of just printing

HP Recommended

Thank you so much.  This was the problem.  I have been trying to figure this out for 2 months.  Don't know how/why it happened but I GREATLY appreciate your help.

HP Recommended
My problem started after I upgraded to Windows 10. I could print from MS Office but not from the Google Chrome browser. I nearly gave up and got a new printer (which I think would not have solved the problem anyway).

After reading the solution above I finally noticed that there is a 'Change' button directly under the button that says 'Save'. I merely had to click on the change button and then choose my printer and that fixed the problem all together. Hope this applies to you too.
HP Recommended

Where do I find the  print dialog of chrome to solve the problem when my printer saves instead of printing? I have windows 10. I cannot find it in chrome settings.

Thanking you in anticipation

scotsbenny

HP Recommended

Thank you for the right answer you gave me, for some rerason, my printer was not even listed on my computer, with the new Windows 10, it was showing saving my printing to my documents and then I could printe, no way. Thanks for your help, it was perfect! Linda

HP Recommended

Thank You. The advice your suggested worked.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.