Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

after giving print command, go to advanced link and de-select "print to file" option....done!

HP Recommended

after giving print command, go to advanced link and de-select "print to file" option....done!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info about checking the Google Chrome settings.

It fixed my issue with "save" instead of print!

HP Recommended

Thank You, Thank You......1000 times over. Have spent 2 hours trying to figure this out. Works fine now.

HP Recommended

Ok. I had a similar problem, today, after Microsoft ran new updates with Windows 10.

Do the following:

• Click 'print' 
  • On top left hand corner, it will say "save to PDF." <------This is what you want to change.
  • Click on drop down list, for "save to PDF." 
  • Select your default printer
  • Now, press print. 

This should correct the issue. 

***Note: as an additional measure, before I began this process, I went to Contol Panel> Devices and Printers>Right clicked on my printer> Made sure it was still checked/selected as the default printer. 

Hope this helps!

HP Recommended

I too am having trouble printing pdfs from email,  When I click to download the file, only the save as window opens.  I can see no other option.   So I tried opening a saved pdf and it opens in Adobe Acrobat and then I can print it.  I checked the advanced options on that and it is set to the printer.

Tried again from downloading a pdf, and still only the save as window comes up.  Most annoying.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem only my computer hangs up every time I select my printer and then google stops responding.

HP Recommended

Thanks for one solution to instead of printing document makes you save the document instead of printing.  However I looked at those settings and everything was already as your solution describes.  I was printing photos and printed 2 doucments.  Suddenly now I get the save as  when I tell it to print Control P as I was doing before yet I never told it to do that.  Is there anything else I can look at, and why would a setting suddenly set itself.  I hate windows 10. with a passion and now I think the  real problem is the Cloud (I rrefuse to use it).  Since getting windows 10 I run into lots of snags then have to hunt solutions only to find I must spend 30 minutes or half a day fixing whatever microsoft did wrong.  SOrry I know you are not microsoft.  Personally I thiink they ought to simplify and go back to windows XP which came with everything setup and I never had to spend hours fixing Microsoft's problems that updates or Cloud causes, or the interface or whatever they did wrong.  I figure the hired a newby very educated who could not tie shoes.

HP Recommended

Thanks for one solution to instead of printing document makes you save the document instead of printing.  However I looked at those settings and everything was already as your solution describes.  I was printing photos and printed 2 doucments.  Suddenly now I get the save as  when I tell it to print Control P as I was doing before yet I never told it to do that.  Is there anything else I can look at, and why would a setting suddenly set itself.  I hate windows 10. with a passion and now I think the  real problem is the Cloud (I rrefuse to use it).  Since getting windows 10 I run into lots of snags then have to hunt solutions only to find I must spend 30 minutes or half a day fixing whatever microsoft did wrong.  SOrry I know you are not microsoft.  Personally I thiink they ought to simplify and go back to windows XP which came with everything setup and I never had to spend hours fixing Microsoft's problems that updates or Cloud causes, or the interface or whatever they did wrong.  I figure the hired a newby very educated who could not tie shoes.

HP Recommended

Check Adobe reader setting. Print, Advanced setting, deselect print to file...provided you are using Adobe Reader.  Good luck

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.