Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9025
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is the output tray desgined to extend far enough to hold prints flat?  Currently mine as extended only opens up to 9 1/2" with flap raised up so prints rest on an angle.  How can I extend it to hold a full 11" sheet of paper after printing?

55 REPLIES 55
HP Recommended
Spoiler
I have the same issue and if it can't extend I really don't understand the design.  Additionally the seocond paper tray is not flush with the printer if legal paper is inserted.  This really defeats the purpose of the second tray.

I am disappointed enough that I may return the printer and look for a different alternative.
HP Recommended

okay so I'm not crazy?    As for the legal paper, I am used to that from my old HP 8610.  Actually even at work, it just popped out the back instead of the front with Ricoh printers that were meant for high-capacity use.  

But this tray situation doesn't make sense, it extended just fine on my HP 8610.

HP Recommended

I had an 8600 and the tray was fine.  I prefer that design to the new design.

HP Recommended

I had the 8610 and LOVED it but sadly I drove it into the ground...  This one got great reviews, no one mentions this issue.  So frustrating when you know they had better!

HP Recommended

Agree and it seems as if the fix would not be too difficult.  They should just create a tray that properly extends.  I think the extra paper tray is a bit of a waste since it is not flush with the printer.  Had I known I would have purchased the model with one tray.

HP Recommended

So I called HP and they said this is how it was designed.  I sure wish people online that posted reviews mentioned this or I would have looked at another option.  UGH

HP Recommended

Seems we should suggest to HP that they make available a longer extension to purchase -- the output tray comes off very easily and substituting one that could handle 8.5 X 14 would be cool but at least have one that can handle 8.5 X 11. I see no easy way to suggest this to HP. Does anyone have an idea?

HP Recommended

@DocHollis

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

This situation will need some additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via Private Message.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Why would you not make your reply public? We all are wondering why the output tray is so darn short! I have had several HP printers over the years, and have NEVER encountered an output tray like the one on the HP OfficeJet Pro 9025! It is very disappointing to pay more for what we thought was a better HP printer, and then, find such a cheap output tray! HP needs to fix this situation! Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.