Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

@SeniorPrinter

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your help on this issue, Arthur-C!

HP Recommended

Thanks Arthur-C.

For help with scanning yesterday I spent considerable time with HP and brought this issue to their attention. I was told I'd get a call about it from a Case Manager sometime in thee 24-48 hours following my discussion on Sunday which ended about 5:30 EDT. A solution to it seems so simple: simply making an extender that works for the real world of standard and legal size paper.

HP Recommended

Thanks for letting us know about your conversation with HP Support, DocHollis! I couldn't agree with you more. It does seem so simple!

Thanks again!

HP Recommended

Thanks, and I talked further and at some length with another HP person last night (Monday, Oct. 28); he couldn't promise anything but would bring it to the attention of his bosses. Nothing will happen fast. I pointed out that this issue is something that will keep some of us from recommending this particular printer, despite its compatibility with Mac computers, to our colleagues, friends, and others.

HP Recommended

I have not received any messages from HP on this.  Can you check for us?  thanks.

HP Recommended

Thanks for asking, but I did note that I was told nothing would happen fast (and it's possible nothing will, but the more who complain the more possible it may be). At this point HP is also fussing with the new Apple OS, Carolina, and this computer, OfficeJet Pro 9025 will not work well with Carolina for another month. I suspect that is priority, but we need to keep the pressure on for the tray which I was told was "due to design and space -- to be compact but while the length of the 9025 is shorter, its depth is about the same -- I still see no reason not to have a fix, minimally offering the option of a tray which will handle 8.5 x 11 in paper, preferable extendable to legal size too: 8.5 x 14.

HP Recommended

Is there an output tray for regular 11” paper. This is ridiculous. My contracts are falling off the tray!

HP Recommended

No Rosemaryrw there isn't, which is why I had originally started this thread.  I know it's very annoying!

HP Recommended

I  would like to know the answer as well. The tray extender is way too short

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.