Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Again thanks, Arthur-C. I have talked with HP directly about this. Please see my earlier response. And do talk to them. The more of us who contact them directly, the greater effect we will have. It's really awful. If I print more than six pages at a time, they fall off the printer (be sure you have numbed pages)

HP Recommended

Same problem.  This is ridiculous.  How did it ever pass Product Testing?  Are they making a new tray to send to people for free - as they should as this is a serious design flaw.

HP Recommended
Spoiler
So far I've heard nothing from them at all; yes it's absurd -- and truly annoying when printing a sizable document to have the page fall off the printer (and a serious problem when whatever comes in comes without page numbers)! Please more talk to them. The HP 9025 is being advertised locally for me, at least, and it should at least have an option of an output tray that will handle 8.5x11 paper, even better, with an extender to handle 8.4 x 14 since the paper trays handle these sizes.
HP Recommended

I will be returning my 9025 because of the useless output tray. we had an 8630 for years and loved it until the printhead died. This is a horrible design and should have been fixed by now with a replacement for the tray.

HP Recommended

I was one of the original owners to comment about the shortfall with the trays and to date I have not been contacted directly by HP.  So in an effort to communicate with those from HP that read this forum:

1) The printer is definitely not my favorite and it has made me less committed to HP. 

2)  I will definitely look at other brands for my next purchase. 

3) HP and Windows ……… please resolve your differences, and please keep me out of your battles.

4)  For design clarity - my preference is definitely to print an entire document, retrieve it from the printer and have all pages assembled in the correct order.  

5) In the past I thought that was a reasonable presumption but apparently I am expecting too much therefore I am providing additional details.

There is an upside, I get a break from my work and a bit of a stretch when I get to lay on my side, extend my arm under my desk drawers and reach for the lost pages.  If only I had a bit more time to meditate in that position my life would be so much more complete:).   

Hope this is helpful!

HP Recommended

Ok.  I just hooked this up 3 days ago, but I purchased it 5 months ago on a special purchase where I drove 50 miles each way to get it at a discount.  What is the number/contact address for HP so I can ask about this tray?  I only use 8.5 x 11"  so the legal size doesn't affect me, but who the heck designs a printer that drops paper on the floor beyond the first or second copy?  Many times I make 100 copies at a time.  HP use your noggin.  Or send me printers to test for you. I am sure others on this thread would volunteer as well.  Ridiculous that an output tray wouldn't even hold regular size paper. My son's $60 HP printer will catch pages en masse.  HP seems to be getting lazier in production areas and testing and relying more and more on their older reputation to sell printers than caring about keeping longstanding customers by testing newer items.  I am already annoyed that they try to trick me into signing up for ink on demand when I hooked up the last 2 printers. 

HP Recommended

Hi KatzaWilde, all of us on this thread other than HP folks themselves totally agree with you. I still don't understand why HP can't provide free or at nominal cost an output tray that meets the needs of the vast majority of us who work primarily with 8.5X11 paper, rarely the 8.5X14 (legal size and useful for copying from journals published in England).

So I plead again to HP for an answer: give us a decent size output tray for the HP 9025 printer, advertised as working well with Macs (which is why I purchased it, never thinking the company would have a short tray).

DocHollis

HP Recommended

I just added to my original post because my desk phone rang and I accidentally hit send before I was done griping.  I am thoroughly confused as to who would want an output tray that doesn't at the minimum catch a regular sheet of paper. I print multiple shipping labels at a time and having to reach over and retrieve every 2nd label to make sure they don't dump onto the floor is ridiculous.  Who did you contact so I can add my gripe to the ever growing list?  I will be glad to do it.  I noticed you had last received contact FROM HP in late October /early November on this thread so I am assuming they are done with you, maybe now I can start in on them. This frustrates me to no end as a small business owner.  I currently run no less than 5 HP printers, each a different model off of my 3 HP desktop computers and 1 laptop.  I always have purchase HP because they "play well together", but you can be certain I will not purchase another HP printer or product in the future should they refuse to make an effort in fixing this issue.

HP Recommended

I have received no further feedback from HP, at this point, my assumption is they are just not going to do this again.  Thankfully for me, it is for a home computer so I am able to "manage" through it but if I was a business owner like you I could not.  Please feel free to have at 'em and maybe we all will win.  

HP Recommended

A Bientot,

Thanks! I am planning on it.  I just left a phone number to receive a call back.  We shall see.  I am livid.  I just had to print 50 copies of a page and while I was on the phone, I had to have my hand at the edge of the pages for the printed page to hit my fingertips and stay in the tray.  I had to start typing the customer's info in my computer and removed my hand and all of the pages crashed to the floor.  😞  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.