Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

HP Recommended

ewmark,

I would download the full feature software for your printer here   

If you have any problems with the scanner take a look at this document.

Let me know how it goes.  

HP Recommended
could you please provide me the information too, thanks!
HP Recommended

my printer is a 7520

HP Recommended

Hi Diaro56,

1.  Select the wireless icon on the front panel of printer to access wireless menu.

2.  Select settings.

3. Scroll to the bottom and select restore network defaults.

4. Select ok.

Keep in mind after completing steps that you will have to place printer back on network.

Let me know how it goes.

HP Recommended
What is the default "admin" password for this printer? please let me know if you have the answer. i have the same problem as you had. thanks
HP Recommended

Hi Eddie69,

Try the steps below.

1.  Go to the front panel of your printer.

2.  Select the wireless icon on your printer.

3.  Select Settings.

4.  Scroll and select restore network defaults.

5.  Select Ok to restore defaults.

6.  Now select wireless and go through the wireless setup wizard.

Try again to access printers EWS.

HP Recommended

@garytech1 wrote:

Hey Guys, 

Check your forum inbox.

Same model (HP 7520) and same issue with unknown admin/password login. I have never set these and the defaults should be a kown entity (at least in the manual). Since leaving the other defaults as is and broadcasting the wifi direct SSID (which cannot be changed w/o the login) might leave open an easy path for outsiders to gain  access to your otherwise hidden household SSID info! Would apreciate the info!

HP Recommended
I think this problem may arise when people set up a static IP (which I intend to do since it makes using the restore IP utility simple when the connection drops). We'll soon see as I try this solution, which I believe will set it back to using DHCP?
HP Recommended

JoeTwoPointOh,

Try the steps above to reset. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.