Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

@SGS12

This requires remote assistance. Please reach out to the HP Support in your region for further course of action.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, HP Support told me to buy a new printer because they could not diagnose the issue.  

HP Recommended

I have followed all these instructions and I can't print anymore (only the scan works).

I have exactly the same problem than  SGS12 :

- A new Mac with no USB port
- An USB connector from USB-C to USB

- No Airprint for my HP Officejet 2620

So I have a printer which perfectly worked on my previous Mac and which is now useless due to a software problem!

It's unacceptable ! If for each software update you have to buy a new printer, it's an ecological disaster !

HP Recommended

HP Officejet 4620

HP Recommended

HP team is absolutely illiterate and are not able to understand even a single problem. May God bless you guys.

HP Recommended

i have the same problem.  scanner works fine - copier works and earlier it printed out a test page - but that isn't working now either.  keeps waiting for the printer to become available"

spent two hours on this so far - big waste of time at this point.

HP Recommended

Hi ... as a non-techy person I managed to get it to work ... but found that the printer is now much slower with stop/start action. It seems that the choice of printing options has changed also with Fast, Draft & Black& White now gone. The Colour prints were agonisingly slow. I'm not sure whether anything that can be done with improving the speed to its previous levels. Is it to do with Airport processes?

HP Recommended

I have been following various threads with regard to this issue.  I have the same issue on Macos Catalina 10.15.  I have tried all the suggested solutions without success. I tested the printer on a Windows pc  and it works perfectly.  So in my opinion it is an issue with the HP drivers on Catalina. Just like some other people in this forum who are/were loyal HP fans, my loyalty will now be transferred to a competitor where I believe I will receive much better support.

HP Recommended

I have followed this thread and another on "filter" issue for my Deskjet 3054 and I have also spent over two hours trying to fix this. Scanner works, copier works but the printer will not work with my Mac on OS 10.15.17. HELP!  I am also ready to give up on HP as a source for printers. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

I've had same issues (because my printer is connected through usb) and this thread solved it:

(https://www.reddit.com/r/applehelp/comments/he1ok0/macbook_catalina_waiting_for_printer_to_become/fx...)

Remove printer drivers

If the issue continues on your Mac after resetting the printing system, take these final steps to remove any currently installed printer drivers. These steps don't apply to AirPrint printers.

1. From the menu bar in the Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder. Type /Library/Printers/
     and click Go.

2. The Printers folder opens. Choose Edit > Select All, which selects all items in the Printers folder. 

3. Choose File > New Folder with Selection, which puts all of the selected items into a new folder named New Folder With Items. To save storage space, you can delete this folder.

The printer started immediately to print out after step 3.

Hope this helps!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.