Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9015
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP OfficeJet Pro 9015 is connected to my network via Wi-Fi.  Attempts to print frequently results in an error message that the printer cannot be found, and the HP Print Doctor launches.  However, the page usually starts printing by the time this happens.  It seems that the printer needs to "wake-up", and while this is in progress, the errors display.

How can I fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Support Community.

Can you try using a TCP/IP port?

Create a TCP IP port

1. Print a Configuration Page to get the printer's IPv4 address (you can also tap on the wireless icon on the Front panel of your Printer to get the IP address)
2. On your PC, go to Control Panel, from Devices and Printers, right click the printer and left click Printer Properties, select the Ports tab.
3. Click Add Port, select Standard TCP/IP Port, then select New Port and follow the wizard.
4. Type in the proper IP address for the printer.

This video resource will show you how to do it:

Create & Use TCP IP port 

Note that you can ALWAYS revert back to the original port that the HP software installed by selecting the HP port under the Ports tab (in Printer Properties)

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you try using a TCP/IP port?

Create a TCP IP port

1. Print a Configuration Page to get the printer's IPv4 address (you can also tap on the wireless icon on the Front panel of your Printer to get the IP address)
2. On your PC, go to Control Panel, from Devices and Printers, right click the printer and left click Printer Properties, select the Ports tab.
3. Click Add Port, select Standard TCP/IP Port, then select New Port and follow the wizard.
4. Type in the proper IP address for the printer.

This video resource will show you how to do it:

Create & Use TCP IP port 

Note that you can ALWAYS revert back to the original port that the HP software installed by selecting the HP port under the Ports tab (in Printer Properties)

Hope that helps!

HP Recommended

I already had this TCP/IP Port setup, but the HP software must have selected a different connection.  This is notthe first time my printer settings have been changed by some unknown process...

Thank you, your suggestion prompted me to check the Port connectivity, and once I re-selected the TCP/IP Port, print jobs are no longer delayed.

HP Recommended

Hi @JTG-HDL ,

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved and all is working well now.

You can try a Static IP address. 

The following resource will show you how.

Creating a Static IP address using EWS

Updating IP address is at 1:41

Have a nice day!

HP Recommended

Great suggestion to set a Static IP Address...  however, the steps shown in the video do not align with my OfficeJet Pro 9015.  I even Googled "Set Static IP Address on HP OfficeJet Pro 9015", but the instructions presented do align with the screens from my OJP 9015.  Perhaps those guides are out of date?

HP Recommended

Hi @JTG-HDL 

Were you able to get to the EWS page?  Were there "Tools > Utilities"?

Maybe the interface have changed. 

I do not have an OfficeJet Pro 9015 to check on the EWS.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Yes. This worked for my OfficeJet Pr 8710. I had uninstalled and installed the software and drivers three times, I went through the Print and Scan Doctor twice. But this simple fix that took less than a minute solved my problem.

HP Recommended

Hi @webcat95 ,

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved and all is working well now.

Have a nice day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.