Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Office Jet 5255
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

So, for months I have had continuing problems with getting my WiFi HP Printer to print, despite the fact that for several years, it worked perfectly. Print jobs in the queue sat there for days, only to start printing during the night when I was asleep. (just a bit disquieting since the printer is in my bedroom). The problems seemed to gradually get worse and worse and seemed to occur after getting Windows Updates. During that same time, Windows kept encouraging me to get their new Microsoft Edge Browser. One attempt at trying it caused my Norton Security Program to be disabled, made Google inactive plus finding my files, particularly my photo files, in disarray. I searched the internet and found other people were having the same problems. There were many suggestions for how to fix this problem and I found many people were giving up and getting new printers. I was not prone to do this since I was sure that Microsoft was messing with things and I was determined to fix the problem without getting a new printer. With my son helping me, we uninstalled Microsoft Edge, but had to use a Command Prompt to do so, since even though I had uninstalled it some time ago, it was still residing in my Apps file. We reinstalled the print drivers for my printer AND I temporarily disabled automatic updates for 35 days to see if controlling the updates stopped the problem of Microsoft messing with my apps. My printer is working perfectly and my stress level has gone way down. Now, lets see how soon it is before Microsoft starts fooling around with my computer. The next step will be to abandon Microsoft and Apple products completely.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@MsT, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

This is a self-help document HP Printers - Print Jobs Disappear from the Print Queue and Do Not Print link

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.