Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Sorry don't know what that means or how to do it?

HP Recommended

This link explains how a ping cmd works.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

Thank You.  It says everything is ok

sent 4 - received 4

mimimum 6ms    maximum 96ms average 51ms

Completely foreign to me

HP Recommended

Thanks for the ping info.

Let's delete the HP driver at root level. 
In the search box on the taskbar, type Control Panel and select it from the results.
Select Program and Features
Select your HP Printer 
Select Uninstall 
Open Devices and printers 
In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer.
If you see it listed right-click on it and choose `Delete' or `Remove Device' 
Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo. 
Type printui.exe /s and click Ok.
Click on the "Drivers" tab 
Look for HP Printer driver.
If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 
Select Ok 
Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 
Close Devices and Printers 
Reboot your computer

Install the latest HP printer software.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

all done.  will still print from my mobile , however attempted to print from computer had spooling and a blue circle going around for ages, then it said printing and then again the error message at the side and had to delete the document ARGHHHHH  

HP Recommended

OH and now it doesn't even bother with spooling just straight to error 

HP Recommended

Well got totally fed up as uninstalled it all again but it wouldn't let me uninstall the Driver.  SO I went down the old fashioned way and got out the portable DVD-RW thing and set up via the DISC and its working . !!!!¬! Don't know how long for but tested a couple of times . fingers crossed  Thank You for all your help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.