Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I wonder if we are looking at the same thing?

I set up a godmode folder on the desktop with a name Godmode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C} and when I double-click on it I get a series of sections one of which is "Devices and Printer"  which has 11 sub-sections the first of which is "Add a device"...  I can't find a specific reference to my printer anywhere though.

Have I misunderstood the procedure you were trying to explain?

HP Recommended
Mine was showing it installed in that folder just like it did in older versions. Reinstall your printer and see if it shows up.
HP Recommended

Windows 10  and HP updated and the color problem reappeared. The just switching the "use my settings " didn't work this time.

So to fix it:-

Start button - gear cog (settings) - printer properties - color management - press color management button - selected "use my settings"- change the profile selection to manual-press add and selected Agfa: swoop Standard. This worked for me

HP Recommended

Thanks for this HP Forum.  I have a HP D4360 printer which I totally rely on.  After a Windows 10 update about two weeks ago, I started experiencing wrong color printing issues.  At first, I thought the fact that the cartridges were at low levels was the problem.  So, I ordered cartridges online, but the problem still persisted (needless to say that I wasted my new cartridges).  I purchased another pack of cartridges and the problem still existed.

Yesterday, I found this forum, read about the HP Print and Scan Doctor posts and tried it.  My issue is resolved!

Quick, simple and easy.  HP Print and Scan Doctor is a lifesaver!  Thanks so much for the valuable info!

HP Recommended

Still the same old problem of my HP Deskjet F2280 giving the wrong colours with the Windows 10 64 bit operating system.  I cannot accept that in most cases that any answer from HP in terms of fixing this problem is anything to do with cartridges, or any other form of setup with the printer.   As most have said the printer prints the correct colours from itself when a generated test print comes from the printer.  Also in my own experience the correct colours print off ok on my Win 7 and Win 8 Pc's thus showing that the printer isnt the problem.  The whole problem occurs within Win 10 and any major subsequent updates.

More recently I have had my printer working fine up to Win 10 1604 anniversary update, albeit as other have, I needed to run HP print and scan Doctor.  Unfortunately with the latest major update 1703 (Creators Update), non of these methods have worked for me and so I am left with the printer printing the incorrect colours again.  However for me after many hours I have fixed the problem.  Some of the methods I used may not be neccessary but this is what I did.  I uninstalled completely the printer software.  In addition any fragments in Program files and Program data were also removed.  I also used Ccleaner to remove any printing files. In Settings devices (Win 10) I went to "Printers and Scanners and made sure the F2280 printer was deleted.

Then I rebooted the computer to hopefully have a reasonably free of any rogue residual files of the printer software. The Printer F2280 Software file was then downloaded.  It is called :DJ_AIO_03_F2200_NonNet_Full_Win_WW_140_404-4.exe

Right click on the file and select "Troubleshoot Compatability" Go to "Troubleshoot program" and select to load up with compatability Mode of Windows 8.  Let the programme load though as per normal untill fully loaded and test the printer for correct colour.  In my situation I still had the wrong colours so I then scanned with "HP Print and Scan Doctor", Did a test print and then printed again from my computer and to my delight the colours now print correctly.

Regards,

Martin:smileyhappy:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.