Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Sorry about this but I'm obviously not a very capable operator!  Two weeks installed and suddenly this new 3630 has ceased to work.   I get a Microsoft message to say that it won't run.   I have tried using it both via HP Smart and by the usual print route.   The small indicator screen shows a "0" sign.   I'm not certain what 2nd to 6th of the eight buttons do.   Where do I go from here?

HP Recommended

Hi @BrianJoyce,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issues with your HP DeskJet 3630 All-in-One Printer wherein it does not print.

This issue could occur if the drivers are not installed properly.

Let's go through a few steps to uninstall and reinstall the drivers:

Step 1: Uninstall the Drivers:

Please follow the steps provided to uninstall the printer software in the link: Uninstalling the Printer Software (Windows)

Also, please follow the steps provided below to completely remove the printer software from printer properties.

Steps to remove printer driver files from Print Server Properties:

1. Open the Print Server Properties dialog window by doing any one of the following:

(a). Press WINDOWS-R on the keyboard to bring up the Run window, type in 'printui /s /t2' (without the quotes), and then press Enter or click OK.

(b) From the Start menu or the Start screen and open Devices and Printers. Select any printer and then click "Print server properties" at the top of the window. Click on the Drivers tab.

2. Select the printer driver you wish to uninstall.

3. Click the Remove button.

4. Select "Remove driver and driver package" and click OK.

Step 2: Download and install the Drivers from the link:

Step 3: Update the Firmware from the link: Full Feature Software and Drivers

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Thanks for all your help.   The printer now runs fine!   

Now I need some help with my Compaq desktop pc.   I'm connected via ethernet and all seems well but I am told that I cannot get TV catchup because I should be connected by Wi-Fi instead.   I can't see how to do that at all.    Clicking Settings - Network connections shows no Wi-Fi indications, only ethernet.   Any tips, please?

HP Recommended

@BrianJoyce

I see that you were interacting with @Rainbow23. I'd like to help.

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

I understand that you are getting wireless connectivity issues on Compaq Desktop PC.

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution.

• Provide the desktop product number.
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?
  • Is there a red X mark on the wireless symbol in system tray?
  • When was the last time it was working?

Could you please respond to this post with the details for further assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear sandytechy20,

Thanks for your interest.   Answers to your questions are:-

Compaq serial#  VC909AA.ABU

No changes have been made to the computer (other than apps added, etc.)

I see no wireless symbol, only that little square diagram of a computer on a stand.

The computer has been working every day using the ethernet cable but no wireless connection seems to be available.

I have recently installed a Deskjet 3630 and which appears somehow to have some association with the compaq.

Cheers all round if you can solve this,

Brian

HP Recommended

@BrianJoyce

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

I have a few steps that will resolve your concern, 

1. Do a hard reset of the notebook to see if that gets the card to show up.  
    Click here for instructions. 

2. Reinstall the drivers from the HP website. 

3. If the issue persists, recover the original drivers from HP/Recovery manager. 

4. Initiate a system restore followed by a Recovery to resolve the issue. 

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

For step 1.  the link didn't!

2. I went to HP driver and found all to be up to date

3. & 4.   Loth to run Restore &/or recovery in case I lose apps I need (e.g. this HP app.)

and, today, even the small tv symbol at bottom right of the screen is missing at this moment although a connection is made, probably due to ethernet cable.  

HP Recommended

@BrianJoyce

Thanks for the response.

This issue may require one to one interaction with the HP Phone Support.

I suggest that you contact HP Phone Support for further assistance at the link: www.hp.com/contacthp

You have a good day ahead.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for that but it only re-directed me back to this Forum.

I think I shall have to look elsewhere for help.

Brian

HP Recommended

Hi @BrianJoyce

As you have already tried these steps and still having the issue, I would personally suggest you contact our HP phone support for further assistance. If your product is Out of warranty then remember to choose the paid options to get the tech support number.

They might have multiple options to help you on this.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Cheers

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.