Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have an HP Officejet Pro 6830 e-All-in-One Printer and I installed new color ink cartridges tonight. I did not replace the black cartridge.  Now my printer is stating that there is a problem with the printhead.  Occasionally, I get the error code number 0xc19a0023.  I've tried the online troubleshooting, but nothing has helped. What else can I do to try to fix the issue. Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@kd547, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand you are not able to print due to this error.

Kindly perform the steps mentioned in this document - Error Indicates Faulty Printhead

Insert one ink cartridge at a time and check for the error.

For more info on resolving 0x errors, refer to this document - '0xc19a0005' or Similar Error Code Displays

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Kumar0307, thank you for replying.

The steps you provided did not resolve the issue.  Unfortunately, I do not have a latch to remove the printhead. I really hate to waste all this new ink. Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

I had the same problem with my HP Officejet Pro 8710.  I took the printhead out cleaned it a few time. I followed the instructions from the HP site to fix the printhead problem. open the cover then unplug the cord and shook the printhead up and down and side ways slowly three times and plug the cord back in . It still did not work then I opened the app and tried to print the test page. the same message came up. I hide that message and tried printing a word document and printer kept cleaning for about 15 minutes. finally the page came out. now it is working fine. I even went to buy a  new printer today and did not buy it because printer was for $60 and cartridges were $80. Keep trying it will work. Printhead dries out when not used for a while.

HP Recommended

@kd547

This model printer does not have a removable printhead. If the issue persists, please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service options for your printer. 

You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Kumar0307, I apologize for not responding sooner. Because the printer is out of warranty and for personal use, no additional contact information is provided for me on the HP website.  I tried that avenue before I made my first post, and looked into it again after your last post. Same result of being told that it's out of warranty with out any additional contact info.  I've gone around in circles too many times on the HP site.  I've found that to be very frustrating,  When a person needs help, they just want someone to talk to.

To get it serviced is probably not worth the cost. My guess is that it will be at least $70 for a repair service to look at it and diagnose the problem, plus another $50+ for a new print head. It doesn't make sense to invest that cost in a printer when I could purchase one for nearly that amount.

I had my previous HP printer for over 10 years. That printer got more use than this one the first 4 years of it's life. I'm disappointed that this one only lasted 4 years.  I expected more from HP.

Thanks for having responded previously and for trying to help me.  It's been appreciated.

HP Recommended

@kd547

I understand your concern. However, as the printer is out of warranty, I do not have any other options to offer you. 

If the printer is out of warranty, I suggest you upgrade the printer. You may visit Hp Store to check the available printers.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.