Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to print a page in both PowerPoint and Adobe Reader as borderless. Every time, I go into Properties in the printer settings, then Advanced, select print borderless, click ok. Custom is checkmarked so I know that my selection for a borderless print job has been accepted. But when the job prints out, it is with a border in either application. 

I can't find a place to change the settings for the printer for all jobs in Windows (say in Windows Settings or an HP Utility). How can I get this job to print out without a border?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Firesong

Welcome to the HP support community.

The printer driver must be corrupted, reinstall the printer driver to fix the issue.

Perform root level uninstallation to remove all the printer related software's.

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Remove all instances of the same.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers. 
  • Restart the PC again.

Download and install the printer driver

Click here to download the driver.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried that and it did not fix the problem. It still printed with a border. 

This all seemed to work fine when I had an older print software. Is there an older printer driver software that is compatible with Windows 10 64-bit and this printer? Maybe if I went back to the old one I had (before I upgraded months ago to make sure I had the most current drivers), it would go back to working again. Any idea what those drivers were and how to get a hold of them?

HP Recommended

@Firesong

Let us try these steps:

Install the printer using Windows built-in driver. Rename the printer to make sure you are printing to the right printer.

Refer to this document to know how.

Try printing a borderless photo and check if this helps. You may refer to Printing Photos (Windows)

Let me know how this goes.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

With the Windows Driver, I no longer have the option to select borderless printing. Not only that, but your link on how to print in Windows 10 references an app (Windows Photo Viewer) that is not on my PC and is apparently only on certain PCs that were upgraded from Windows 7 or 8. So this is not the solution and has taken away some of my functionality of my printer. 

HP Recommended

Where you ever able to print borderless before?

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes. I was able to print borderless in the past, as stated up above. 

HP Recommended

Create & Use TCP IP port

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Creating and using a TCP/IP port did not help either. And once again, the directions given were for an older version of Windows. Fortunately I know enough about Windows 10 that I was able to find where they were talking about in the video. So I still have a printer that cannot print borderless in Windows 10.

HP Recommended

@Firesong

If the issue persists, I think this issue needs some additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction or a remote session with our HP Support team.

Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region for further assistance. 

Keep us posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.