Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Samsung C460FW
Microsoft Windows 10 in S Mode

Hi.

The printer was working OK when out of the blue the error message "Replace Toner/Stop" came up. It does not specify which toner to replace and none needed replacing for running out of toner. I have taken all of the cartridges out and reinserted them several times to make sure that they were seated properly. but the error message still remains.

Could this be an electrical contact problem?

Any help greatly appreciated as I can't find any description of the problem on the web. The terseness of the message doesn't help either.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I intended to replace the toners one at at time with used but not empty toners from another machine. Fortunately the first one I replaced (yellow) worked and cleared the fault. I still suspect it was an electrical contact problem with the original yellow that was the cause but could not be bothered to investigate further. If I had felt inclined I would have tried adjusting the two metal contacts on the side of the original toner as a start.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I intended to replace the toners one at at time with used but not empty toners from another machine. Fortunately the first one I replaced (yellow) worked and cleared the fault. I still suspect it was an electrical contact problem with the original yellow that was the cause but could not be bothered to investigate further. If I had felt inclined I would have tried adjusting the two metal contacts on the side of the original toner as a start.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.