Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Mine is now fixed.  Just disable internet.  Connect to printer with USB.  Run the attached link and send previous firmware version to the printer.

[content removed.]

HP Recommended

That firmware doesn't show up on the HP website. 

HP Recommended

It's extremely frustrating because I love this printer. It's the only one that I have had for this long and it still worked. Makes me wonder if they didn't do this to force you to purchase a newer one. 😞

HP Recommended

I solved it !!!, I downloaded 20200612 firmware ( just search for it) and download on ur PC, while starting the print hold the right bottom corner of the touch screen so that all settings are back to factory settings, now connect the PC using the USB cable the downgraded firmware will be printed to the printer and it will restart and give a message genuine HP not installed, before u connect back ensure that auto update is disabled

HP Recommended

The program when run will have a a box with a dropdown, select the printer and select send to printer -mine worked via wireless even with the looping reboots - you can try attaching via USB cable but it worked for me via wireless

HP Recommended

I found and downloaded 20200612 firmware, (I had already set it to original settings so didn't need to do that), I uploaded it to the printer and then restarted it. Every time I tried it would do anything. I went back in to the settings and ENABLED auto update. I restarted the printer again and it updated to the old firmware. It's working correctly now. 🙂 

Thank you everyone for all your help!

Karen

HP Recommended

You can downgrade the firmware for your printer right from your PC all laptop. Of course, the printer must be installed on said devices.

HP Recommended

This does not solve the problem

HP Recommended

How do you downgrade?  I've lost an entire day at work messing with this.  Why is HP not responding to anything?  

HP Recommended

Yes, This is exactly what I found.  I had to reset to factory settings and use a USB cable.  NOT an ideal situation at all.  Very disappointed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.