Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Smart tank wireless 450
  1. Hello,

I've forgotten the Embedded Web Server Admin password. 

I'm not sure how to reset it.

Thanks for your help 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi@Dest516, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Thanks for posting your question in the  HP Community.  It is a terrific place to find answers and tips and to have the best experience in the HP forums. I understand that the printer settings are locked and you are asked a username and password. I’ll be happy to assist you with this. 

A commendable job was done by diagnosing the issue before posting your question in the HP forums. It is always a great pleasure to work with tech-savvy d customers like you. Kudos to you for that. We definitely value your relationship with HP tremendously.

Please try these steps:

1. Open a web browser and type the printer IP address in the address field exactly as it appears on the Configuration Page,  and then press Enter.
  2. Click the Security tab, and under General Security, set the local administrator password.
    1. Keep the username default as admin.
    2. Type the New Password and Verify Password.
    3. Navigate to the bottom of the page and click Apply.

Use these credentials the next time you Log In to the EWS.

If this does not work Please visit these links and check if that resolves the issue.

Link 1: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04403354 is the user manual for the printer. You could restore network settings on this printer and refer Page 76 from the user manual.

Link 2: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/How-do-we-reset-the-EWS-embedded-web-server-on-our-85...

Link 3: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet-Printing/Forgot-Administrator-Password-for-EWS-utility-for-my-ho...

Keep me posted. Happy to help!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Hi Praveen,

Unfortunately the security tab requires the admin login, of which I no longer have.

Is there any way to reset it?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps

1. Print a configuration page.

2. Turn off the printer.

3. Press and hold the Down arrow (), and turn on the printer.

4. When all three status lights illuminate, release the Down arrow (), and press the Up arrow ().

5. Press Pause/Resume, scroll to NVRAM INIT, and then press the Select button ().

6. Wait for the printer to return to a Ready state.

7. Set up a new EWS password.

Set up a new EWS password (optional)

1. Open the EWS.

1. Open a Web browser, and in the address field, type the printer IP address exactly as it appears on the Configuration Page  and then press Enter.

2. Set up a new Password.

HP Recommended

Hi Praveen,

Firstly, appreciate the help.
My printer doesn't have Arrows on the outside, it's the Smart Tank 450 Wireless Series.

Any other advice you can give?

Thanks,

HP Recommended

Hi @Dest516,

  

Welcome to the HP Support Community.  

  

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding this issue, they should be able to help. Refer to this User Guide for contact details.  

  

Have a great day!  

  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.