Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have just replaced 3 ink cartridges and I'm getting this message coming up several times a minute

'Thank you for installing genuine hp ink cartridges'

The two buttons that can be selected are 'View rewards' or 'no thank you'

I have tried pressing each button, but the message continues

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi AlD23 , and thanks for getting back to me!

I appreciate the info, I have a few steps I'd recommend:

First, remove the ink cartridges from the printer, and perform a power reset.  Disconnect the power cord from the printer and the power outlet, then wait 60 seconds. After 60 seconds, plug the printer back in. Ensure you plug the printer directly to a wall outlet. Make sure to bypass any sort of surge protector or power bar.

I'd then recommend updating the printers firmware:

Getting Printer Updates for HP Officejet Pro 8600

Please keep me posted!

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks" for helping!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

"Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together!" - Red Green.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello there @AlD23, and welcome to the HP Forums!

I can see from your post that you're experiencing cartridge error messages.  I'd like to help! 

Before we get started, I have a couple of questions.  I am linking a few HP Support documents below that will show you how to find your product number. Also, please include which operating system you are using. Also, if you're using Windows, please include whether your operating system is 32-bit or 64-bit. With this information and the product number we can provide you with accurate information.

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
Mac OS X: How Do I Find Which Mac OS X Version Is on My Computer?
Which Windows operating system am I running?
Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

Please let me know what you find.  Thanks for posting on the HP Forums!

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Model is HPOfficejet Pro 8600

Windows 7 64bit

HP Recommended

Hi AlD23 , and thanks for getting back to me!

I appreciate the info, I have a few steps I'd recommend:

First, remove the ink cartridges from the printer, and perform a power reset.  Disconnect the power cord from the printer and the power outlet, then wait 60 seconds. After 60 seconds, plug the printer back in. Ensure you plug the printer directly to a wall outlet. Make sure to bypass any sort of surge protector or power bar.

I'd then recommend updating the printers firmware:

Getting Printer Updates for HP Officejet Pro 8600

Please keep me posted!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Need to your help to fix the obnoxious Thank You for Using ....ink cartridges popping up on my OfficeJet 4650 all-in-one printer and other such messages replaced to the ink cartridge supplies.

Getting ready to trash this printer.  Messages like that slow my business printing down.  Ridiculous.

Apparently I can't go into print server properties, advanced, then uncheck both services, like works on some other models.

NOT going to unplug from surge protector, then plug into the wall - storm fried the printer we replaced with the HP.

HP Recommended

great fun

\Ithink you never called back on [Personal Information Removed]

HP Recommended

I tried all the fixes and none worked.  What did work to get rid of that popup was to go into the Control Panel and uninstall HP Update.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.