Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 6970
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Please please help - my printer is connected via ethernet to my network - however I have a work laptop as now working from home due to security I cannot join my network on the work laptop.  Therefore I am trying to get the printer front usb port to connect to the laptop and the port does not seem to work at all.  Have tried now connecting desktop and another laptop via usb and same problem - also confirmed the usb cable works fine. Please help how do I get the usb port on the front of the printer to work?!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

That front port is not used to connect the printer. The front USB port is used to insert the USB drive and print supported documents from USB or scan documents to USB without a computer.

The USB port for connecting a printer to a computer is located on the backside of the printer. You will need USB A to USB B cable to connect printer and a computer.

pro-6970-j7k34a.jpeg

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.