Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet 1018
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have just upgraded to a new Windows 10 (Home, 64-bit) computer and I'm struggling to find drivers for my HP LaserJet 1018. 

My last laptop was also Windows 10 (also Home, 64-bit) and the printer worked fine, and drivers were available. I still have that laptop, and it can print still using the installed drivers (version 2012.918.1.57980).  So there shouldn't be any problem with the OS. 

However, I can't find a standard driver download from HP. The instructions I find now are to use the in built-in Windows solution, though drivers for a 1018 aren't available there under the manufacturer 'HP', 'Hewlett Packard' or 'Hewlett-Packard'. 

I have run HP Easy Start, which recognises the printer correctly, and directs me to HP Smart. HP Smart, however, cannot find my printer. HP Smart comes up with the error 'printer not connected by USB', yet devices and printers shows it as 'unspecified'.

HP Print and Scan Doctor also recognises my printer, and tells me that I need the installer for the full software solutions, and directs me to a web page that tells me to use the built-in Windows solution (which lacks anything for a 1018). 

The drivers clearly do exist, but just don't seem to be hosted at any of the official channels. I'm tying myself in knots and going in circles with all the help options. 

Can anyone help - can these drivers be found anywhere? Is there some way I can migrate them from the old laptop maybe? 

Thanks in advance, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You can use the windows 8 printer basic driver: https://support.hp.com/br-pt/drivers/selfservice/hp-laserjet-1018-printer/1814092

Its work, because dont have much diference. To windows 10, dont exist driver in HP site. It is recommended to plug usb and wait windows update install driver, but some times the windows 10 cant do it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

You can use the windows 8 printer basic driver: https://support.hp.com/br-pt/drivers/selfservice/hp-laserjet-1018-printer/1814092

Its work, because dont have much diference. To windows 10, dont exist driver in HP site. It is recommended to plug usb and wait windows update install driver, but some times the windows 10 cant do it.

HP Recommended

Thanks Rodrigo, the Windows 8 drivers work perfectly - no issues installing or anything!

HP Recommended

I had the same problem using Win10Pro on my new SB3. The Win8 (exactly that) drivers work fine. 

Obrigado RodrigoBM

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.