Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP INK JET3630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

OK, Im no tech person, but no dumby here either. I have run test after test after test, and can't seem to figure this out. At*T came out last month installed a different router to boost my internet speed. Groovy, it's this house. It's a dead spot. Ok, since then, my cute little wireless printer doesn't seem to want to reconnnect to it. Wireless or otherwise. Like I said, ran that, done that so to speak, I've even had an AT&T tech out here trying to fix it...yeah no. any thoughts?????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

There are two ways to connect a wireless printer.

One it to connect to the SSID (network name) and type in the password (case sensitive!)

The other is to use WPS, where you press a button on the modem, and then also trigger the WPS "pairing" at the printer.

Without knowing the model number of the modem and the printer, I can't say more. The process varies pretty widely.

I assume all of your other wireless devices work?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

There are two ways to connect a wireless printer.

One it to connect to the SSID (network name) and type in the password (case sensitive!)

The other is to use WPS, where you press a button on the modem, and then also trigger the WPS "pairing" at the printer.

Without knowing the model number of the modem and the printer, I can't say more. The process varies pretty widely.

I assume all of your other wireless devices work?

HP Recommended

Replacing/changing your wireless router, try here.  

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/wireless-printing-center/reconfiguring-system-help3.html

Make sure your router is set to a fixed wireless channel like 1, 6 or 11, never ‘auto’.  Try channel 1 first then the others one at a time.  Make sure printer and router are at least 5 feet apart.

Make and model of modem and router?

However if you have a Gateway (modem+router) device, all Gateway devices are terrible for wireless connectivity.   If this does not work, suggest you put that gateway device in full bridge mode and install your own high quality router that YOU have full control over.

HP Recommended
Thank you that worked, never realized that my SSID changed and PW as well changed. I'm connected wireless VB on router and printer. Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.