Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
hp ink tank wireless 415
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have bought hp ink tank wireless printer about 6 months from now. It’s been 2 weeks I am encountering a problem with printer. The problem is when I print on A4 plain paper full size the printed photo in half of the paper is perfectly printed but the other half of the printed photo is printed with wrong colour like printed pink or magenta or the colours are mixed.
However, it prints great vibrant and true colour when printing other sizes like 5X7 or 6X4. Also, I’ve cleaned and aligned the print heads several time but no benefits. Furthermore, I have printed diagnosis page, and the page shows nothing wrong with printer and there is no streaks or missing in colours.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Ninetthree, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Make sure you have the right settings while printing. Refer to this document (Page 40)

To resolve any print quality issues, refer to Page 96 on the same document.

Also, check if the printer firmware is updated. You can follow the steps in this link for help.

If the issue persists, try performing a root uninstallation of the printer drivers and reinstall them.

1)In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 

2) Select your HP Printer 

3) Select Uninstall 

4) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 

5) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’ 

6) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo. 

7) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”) 

😎 Click on the “Drivers” tab 

9) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 

10) Select Ok 

11) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 

12) Close Devices and Printers.

Once the uninstallation is complete, you can download and install the latest software from here.

Keep me posted.

Cheers 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I followed every steps but it didn't solve my problem, the printer still prints wrong colors and sometimes it acts weird  I mean the sound of printing mechanism the paper comes slowly and stops and continues. I really don't know what the problem it's new printer with plastic wraps.

I used to love Hp printers but this product is waste of money, it is peace of crap

HP Recommended

@Ninetthree

Try installing and using the Windows Built-in Print Driver.

Refer to this link for help.

Also, please share the printed A4 document and the 4x6/5x7 document to isolate the issue.

Keep me posted.

Cheers 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I've found what is the issue, the problem is the printer is not printing Cyan color at all I tried in photo mode and plain paper mode, the cyan ink is not being printed. Now I don't know how to fix this. In addition, My cyan tank is full.

HP Recommended

@Ninetthree

Follow the steps mentioned below:

Clean the printheads (cartridges) (Windows) 

1. Load letter or A4 unused plain white paper into the input tray.

2. Open the printer software

3. In the printer software, click Print & Scan and then click Maintain Your Printer to access the Printer Toolbox.

4. Click Clean Cartridges on the Device Services tab. Follow the onscreen instructions.

Align the printheads (cartridges) (Windows)

1. Load letter or A4 unused plain white paper into the input tray.

2. Open the printer software.

3. In the printer software, click Print & Scan and then click Maintain Your Printer to access the printer toolbox. The printer toolbox appears. 

4. Click Align Cartridges on the Device Services tab. The printer prints an alignment page.

5. Follow the onscreen instructions to load the printhead alignment page print side down on the scanner glass, and then click Scan to scan the alignment page. The printer aligns the printheads.

Recycle or discard the printhead alignment sheet.

If the issue still persists, you can try our other support options. Follow the steps below to reach out to our HP Support team:

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further. 

Thank you. 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The problem is the cartridge is not being supplied cyan ink at all from the tank

HP Recommended

@Ninetthree

I am afraid it could be a hardware issue with the printer. Try our other support options for further assistance.

Follow the steps below to reach out to our HP Support team:

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further. 

Thank you. 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My bad, I've checked the ink supplying tubes and I found the Cyan color was running perfectly. But when I check the printhead inks with towel paper just two colors Magenta and Yellow, it makes me crazy what is the problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.