Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
H/P 5740
When I try to print from iPhone or laptop by wi-fi printer tells me to load picture paper and will not do anything until I turn printer off
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey @jns1419,

Thanks for clarifying! 

Let's try the following steps on your Windows computer: 

• (1) First, let's check to confirm that your paper is loaded correctly: Loading Paper, Envelopes, and Index Cards

• (2) Next, click on your Start menu

• (3) Open Devices and Printers

• (4) Right click on your Officejet 

• (5) Left click on Printing Preferences

• (6) Click the Paper/Quality tab

• (7) Make sure your Paper Source is set to Main Tray

• (8) Make sure your Media is set to Plain Paper

• (9) Click Apply and OK

• (10) Close Devices and Printers

Now that the setting have been confirmed as correct, test printing. 

If these steps resolved your issue please click "Accept as Solution." You can also click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say "Thanks!"

Let me know how this goes! 🙂 

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hey there @jns1419

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! 🙂 

I see that you're experiencing an issue when printing from your iPhone and computer. I'd like to assist you today with resolving this issue. 

I just need a bit more information in order for me to accurately assist:

(1) What printer are you using? 
(2) What operating system is your computer running? For help, see here: What's my OS?

I look forward to hearing from you! 

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

printer : 5740 all-in-one

HP Recommended
printer : 5740 all-in-one
HP Recommended

Hey @jns1419,

Thanks for getting back to me! 🙂 

Are you trying to print a photo to your Officejet 5740 e-All-in-One Printer?

• If so, what is the size of the photo paper that you're using? 

• If not, what size of paper are you trying to print on (plain letter, legal, etc.)? 

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended
No trying to print regular print but for some reason printer thinks it's a picture because it says picture tray is empty
HP Recommended

Hey @jns1419,

Thanks for clarifying! 

Let's try the following steps on your Windows computer: 

• (1) First, let's check to confirm that your paper is loaded correctly: Loading Paper, Envelopes, and Index Cards

• (2) Next, click on your Start menu

• (3) Open Devices and Printers

• (4) Right click on your Officejet 

• (5) Left click on Printing Preferences

• (6) Click the Paper/Quality tab

• (7) Make sure your Paper Source is set to Main Tray

• (8) Make sure your Media is set to Plain Paper

• (9) Click Apply and OK

• (10) Close Devices and Printers

Now that the setting have been confirmed as correct, test printing. 

If these steps resolved your issue please click "Accept as Solution." You can also click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say "Thanks!"

Let me know how this goes! 🙂 

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended
Thanks that finally worked appreciate all your help
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.