cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

k209a double horizontal lines when PDF document print

HP Recommended
K209A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

having issue when PDF document with k209a inkjet.  Double horizontal shadow with large gap.  Cleaned Encoder strip and reinstalled driver, software, everything was done I could.

I understand there no issue found when print made with only one black ink head.  Only happens when print PDF document with color document option.  no issue found with Catridge Calibration Page.

Attached images.

Thanks,

scan0001_1.pngscan0001_2.pngscan0001_3.png

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
29,359 29,081 5,041 11,488
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

From the shown alignment sheet, I do see some print quality issues with the Red color which may cause such results, and as you said it does not occur with the black ink only, please correct me if I may misunderstand your description.

See the alignment page, the color quality issue is mostly visible in the lower red Attention mark, see my marks in red below:

ShlomiL_0-1599913173741.png

Please follow the steps in the document below to Clean the cartridges using an automated utility:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-ink-advantage-all-in-one-printer-series-k209/3811342...

If the results are not fine follow the steps to complete the different cleaning steps until the process completes.

If that doesn't resolve the problem, I suggest trying a different Tri-Color Cartridge, if your ink cartridge is under the listed warranty date, you may go back to the place of purchase with the ink cartridge and its proof of purchase to send the cartridge for inspection by HP.

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your support.  I tested extended report, and I found there has some issue with red color nozzle, which is a brand newly purchased 3-color cartridge from genuine parts store.

However, I am not sure the double horizontal PDF print has something to do with this problem.  I suspect there are some PDF-Printer communication issue.  As far as I can tell from any test pages from printer, all black texts has no issue.

See attached image for your reference.

scan20200913-1.jpg

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
29,359 29,081 5,041 11,488
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Don't forget that with the black ink only your PDF prints correctly as you mention, which denies any cause by the PDF file or the communications part, you may verify that by removing the Tri-Color cartridge or by setting the driver to use Black Ink only for printing.

For Grayscale printing, the color cartridge is used for Grayscale and not the black ink only.

I would also suspect the issue began as soon as the Tri-Color cartridge was installed, am I right?

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation