Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

i actually have 2 questions.  i recently changed my internet/wi-fi to fiber optic and ever since then when i print, the progress bar stays on during the whole printing process and i can't do anything else until it disappears.  when i had dsl before, i could click anytime the progress bar appeared and make it disappear so i could do something else while it printed.  now i can't.  also, before, the screen light on my hp 7520 would stay off until i printed something.  now it comes on and goes off every 5-10 minutes.  i want the printer to stay off until i have something to print

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@bison13 wrote:

i actually have 2 questions.  i recently changed my internet/wi-fi to fiber optic and ever since then when i print, the progress bar stays on during the whole printing process and i can't do anything else until it disappears.  when i had dsl before, i could click anytime the progress bar appeared and make it disappear so i could do something else while it printed.  now i can't.  also, before, the screen light on my hp 7520 would stay off until i printed something.  now it comes on and goes off every 5-10 minutes.  i want the printer to stay off until i have something to print myLoneStar login

What is it that you are trying to do with a progress bar? Your current implementation appears that it is doing nothing.

HP Recommended

i'm not trying to do anything with the progress bar.  it used to show up on the screen and tell you what's printing and i could click on any other program or screen and do something else.  now, when it shows what's printing, clicking anywhere else does nothing and i can't do anything until the printing is done and the printing progress bar disappears

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.