Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Desk Jet Plus 4152
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Trying to network print to my HP Deskjet Plus 4152 and getting a message from HP Smart Print saying there is a problem.  When I run the HP Smart Print diagnostics the results say that "Print jobs in Queue Issue fixed" and "Print Queue issue is not fixed".

I have no idea what to do at this point.  Any help would be appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Godcan

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Uninstall and reinstall the HP Smart App and try printing again.

If the issue persists, try these steps:

Let's run the HP Print and Scan Doctor:

Use this link for details on using the HP Print and Scan doctor: https://hp.care/2JyaC93

If the issue still persists, let's do a root uninstall and reinstall of the software:

Unplug any USB cable, if any, before doing this.

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

13.)  Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

14.) Type c:/programdata and click Ok. Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

15.) Restart the computer.

Once done, please download and install the software from here:

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I've had the same issue and can't seem to fix it. I went through all the steps you outline, and I still get the same message. I can print from my phone with no problem - this is just a problem with printing from my laptop. I have no idea what to do to fix it.

HP Recommended

Here are some of the things that I have experienced.  One time, the problem was caused when I left the printer door open after I had opened it to find the PIN on the information card.  Another time, rebooting the printer helped and another time yet, rebooting my laptop computer helped. Then, I had a problem where one laptop was connected and printing just fine and the other laptop had this same problem with the printer. I don't discount that it could be a problem with the laptops and not the printer as we generally leave them both running most all the time and rarely just reboot them, but it is still a source of frustration.  Other than this issue, I really do like the printer.

HP Recommended

@MeganD1

Which printer do you have and is your Laptop on Windows?

Thanks 🙂

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Godcan

Which printer do you have and is your Laptop on Windows?

Thanks 🙂

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HP DeskJet Plus 4152 and both laptops are running Windows.

HP Recommended

Did you try the steps given to you earlier?

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.