Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One Printer series - N911
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Had the problem under Mojave, so I upgraded to Catalina OS.  My drivers are up to date. Still cannot print.  Printing by the HP Utility works, but not any printing that I initiate, since a print of a Safari Screen, or a Note, or a Pages document - they all fail!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

AppleCare solved it today (Kudos to Regina!👍).  [Personal Information Removed] Basically, she had me move the contents of the HP folder In Applications to a new folder.  Therefore the HP folder (files all had dates of 1997) was no longer there.  

I think at this point, she had me reset the Printing system (in System Preferences, Printers and Scanners, right mouse click on the "Printers" list and "Reset printer systems ...".)  

Then she had me print something (I chose a Google map from Safari).  

A message came up that the printer needed software and we allowed the operating system proceed with the update.  Then came the "music to our ears" of my printer actually printing!!!

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
HP Recommended

AppleCare solved it today (Kudos to Regina!👍).  [Personal Information Removed] Basically, she had me move the contents of the HP folder In Applications to a new folder.  Therefore the HP folder (files all had dates of 1997) was no longer there.  

I think at this point, she had me reset the Printing system (in System Preferences, Printers and Scanners, right mouse click on the "Printers" list and "Reset printer systems ...".)  

Then she had me print something (I chose a Google map from Safari).  

A message came up that the printer needed software and we allowed the operating system proceed with the update.  Then came the "music to our ears" of my printer actually printing!!!

HP Recommended

This didn't work for me - the waiting for printer message remains. If anyone has any other suggestions, my ears are open!

HP Recommended

After I posted it as "Solved", the problem reappeared.  So back to AppleCare.  After various attempts, we again reinstalled the printer, restarted, etc, and finally it was working again.

All was going well using the HP supplied tool "HP Easy Scan".  

However, the problem reappeared yesterday when I tried to scan using the Apple Preview option "Import from HP OfficejetPro 8600 …"

The scan failed with the message "Scanner reported an error.  The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.apple.imagecapture error 4294957375.)"

Then I tried the HP supplied tools "HP Utility" and "HP Easy Scan".  All I got was "waiting for device."

So I rebooted.  Now all is fine.

Perhaps Preview is causing the failure (as in my original identification of the problem to Apple).

So now I will only use the HP provided tool "HP Easy Scan" for scanning.
HP Recommended

I take it you deleted the printer in system preferences and tried adding it again?

If it is wireless, and it has a usb port, have you tried that?

HP Recommended

Yes, deleted the printer in systems preferences; also moved the contents of the HP folder In Applications to a new folder.  then we tried to print something.  That forced the pull the printer software again from HP.  After the reboot, we were successful.  Before the reboot, we still had the problem.

My printer is only connected via USB.

Since mine is a recent case at AppleCare,  you might try calling them.

HP Recommended

HP Deskjet 1010      cant print. It sad      Wathing for the printer to become available. The connecte with USB

HP Recommended

Have you tried deleting the printer, restarting and trying to add the printer again?

HP Recommended

I read through the recommendations and tried them ALL - nothing works - I reinstalled the driver at least 5 times now, reset the printer preferences and unplugged and replugged and nothing is working. Please advise.

HP Recommended

I gave up.  Ordered a Brother printer today.

This made me decide (plus my printer does not work): from my Computer Club:

"HP had Apple revoke the Signing certificate on their printer drivers.  This caused the operating system to mark them as invalid.

See:  https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Knowledge-Base/quot-HPxxxxx-framework-quot-will-damage-your-c...  "

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.