Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Lenovo Flex 5
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Cannot cancel pribting job. Hitting the "X" on the printer creen stops the page from continuing to print, but jut starts up again with another page and all subsequent pages.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

You would need to cancel the print job from your PC first, while canceling it from the printer only your PC keeps processing the print job and therefore it continues to print.

Click the printer icon within your system tray area (near the time), click Printers and then Cancel All Documents to clear the job.

Now press the X button on your printer if it isn't immediately stopped.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thanks , but there is no printer icon in the system tray net o the time, nor can I put one there. There are icons for sound(speaker), wireless, battery, and I can add a few others including Norton.....but there is no printer icon available. How do I Plce one there to have it function as you say???

Many thanks for your help,

Excivil

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.