Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
hp envy 4527 all in one printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

its all connected up my network printers working  but when i come to print off my laptop it says error or put in wps code. so how do i find this and dont say on box or booklet cause it aint got it on.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Reset the printer back to Factory Defaults.  Reset the printer back to Network Defaults.  Remove the HP software and delete the printer.   Time to start all over.

First connect via Wireless Setup Wizard.  Now install and run the HP software.  Status now?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

You don't need a PIN number.  Run the Wireless Setup Wizard from the front panel like the installations say.  Connect to your SSID with password.

HP Recommended
Well i do! All is connected. But keep getting put in wps code. It will not let me print off internet untill I get this. Or is there some setting I can change if so What?
HP Recommended

Using a computer right?

Reset the printer back to Network Defaults via the front panel.  Now connect again via the front panel.  Status now?

HP Recommended

no still not working

HP Recommended

Reset the printer back to Factory Defaults.  Reset the printer back to Network Defaults.  Remove the HP software and delete the printer.   Time to start all over.

First connect via Wireless Setup Wizard.  Now install and run the HP software.  Status now?

HP Recommended
I uninstalled everything off my lap top then reinstalled. This done the trick.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.