Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've lost access to the apps on the printer.

I have done the suggestion on the 2018 post on this problem, however did not work

Error Message as follows:

Access Denied

The service may be busy.

Retry later.

If the problem continues, check for firmware updates.

There are no firmware updates available.

I've powered down the machine, done a reset and still the same error.

I see another post of this problem a few days ago. Is anyone from HP reading these forums?

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please open the Setup menu and select Service on the printer screen, then select Firmware Datecode.

What is the exact value listed for Firmware Datecode?

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

HP Recommended

bump

HP Recommended

Can you please help me?

HP Recommended

Hi, I'm having the same issue.  Can someone clarify why access has been denied?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

@nleon963

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Please let us know which Printer do you have and little more on the issue you're facing with it.

Thanks 🙂

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem.  I tried the reset.

HP Recommended

I have the HP Color Lasar Jet Pro MFP MA47fnw

HP Recommended

My printer - Color Laserjet Pro MFP M476dw (Firmware code- 20190401)

recently when I start accessing apps, it gives me message below. It must have started happening based on last update. I tried updating software again but it keeps giving me the same message.

Access denied.

The service may be busy. Retry later. If the problem continues, check for firmware updates.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.