Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

i could not find the bin folder

HP Recommended
Hello, my Windows XP is in spanish ¿could you give the values in spanish to create the path? I don't have it in english neither in spanish.
Thanks a lot of.
HP Recommended

C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin

That is the path on Windows 7 - it should be similar on other Windows operating systems. 

"Any time you have the opportunity to make a difference in this world, and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth." - Roberto Clemente
HP Recommended

Get Google Translate as an add-on in Firefox browser and it will translate everything into Spanish.  In Chrome browser its called an extension. 

C: \ Archivos de programa (x86) \ HP \ Digital Imaging \ bin

"Any time you have the opportunity to make a difference in this world, and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth." - Roberto Clemente
HP Recommended

Hello:

I have a HP 309a wireless all in one that worked fine with my old XP computer.  With the new Windows 7 machine, printing works but scanning does not.  I have loaded the "new" software from HP online support but it still does not work.  The Digital Imaging Monitor shows the printer is "not connected" and I have also tried to run the diagnostic software for printers and scanners but it stops part way through with a "CUE scanning flow component has stopped working" message. 

I have read the previous posts including the "%temp%" solution but I can't figure out which 7z file to open and how to "navigate" from there to a document file. 

Can anyone help, please?

EJ

HP Recommended
What %temp% solution are you referring to? Is it an L3 or L4 uninstall?
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Numerous times a solution has been posted by HP staff for the problem where printing on the 309a is possible but not scanning.   The fix involves a number of steps after loading the new Windows 7 software.  The first step is to type %temp% in the run field.

Suddenly I feel like I am in the twilight zone.  This solution has been posted by HP dozens of times on this board.

EJ

HP Recommended

This solution, probably posted 50 times.

If software was downloaded and extracted to your system:

1. Type %temp% in the run field

2. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)

3. Open folder Util

4. Open folder CCC

5. If you have an HP computer run the L3uninstall.exe. If you have a non-HP computer run the L4uninstall.exe

6. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

7. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools

8. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

9. Download the full feature software and drivers

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-66918-4&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...=

10. Run the download to reinstall the printer

I am an HP employee.
*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*
*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.*
HP Recommended
I see. I thought you were talking about a post from this thread having those steps. You are referring to the L3 and L4 uninstalls. If you're having trouble finding the right 7z folder, try running a Disk Cleanup to clear out the Temp folder. That should leave you with only one 7z folder once the extraction is done. Click on the Start menu. Click on Computer. Right-click on your local drive (typically the C: Drive), and select Properties. Click on Disk Cleanup. Once the analyzer finishes, make sure every box is checked, and click OK. If a warning pops up asking if you're sure you want to delete the files tell it yes. Once that's done, follow the steps below for the L4 uinstall. Ignore the step to do the disk cleanup since you've already done that part. Let me know what happens.

From a download:
1. Run disk cleanup on your computer
2. Download and run the software and drivers below.
http://goo.gl/eqyyr
3. Once the download is done extracting, cancel the download.
4. Click the start menu.
5. Click Run.
6. Type %temp% in the run field
7. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)
8. Open folder Util
9. Open folder CCC
10. Run the uninstall_ L4.bat for non-HP computers. For HP computers run the Uninstall_L3.bat
11. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer
12. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools
13. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player
http://goo.gl/R1hy
14. Use this tool to clean the system and registry. Note: This utility is not HP sponsored or approved. HP and I are not responsible for damages or loss of data caused by the utility. This step is optional. You can skip it if you want.
http://goo.gl/tbpvF
15. Download the full feature software and drivers
http://goo.gl/eqyyr
16. Run the download to reinstall the printer
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended
If there are multiple 7z folders after the Disk Cleanup, only one should have the folders and files you need to do the L4.
Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.