Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

There multiple z folders to begin with.  Which one should I pick?

HP Recommended
Look through them until you find one that has all the file paths mentioned. Only one should have the Utils folder, with a CCC folder, with uninstall_ L4.bat inside it. If none of them have it, that may be a problem.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Thank you much, sir.

Problem solved! 

EC

HP Recommended

I don't care how many times this fix has been posted, it does NOT work with Windows 7 professional 64 bit.  I have uninstalled, cleaned the disk, cleaned the registry, reinstalled, 3 times.  It does not work.

Is there a registry entry that needs to be repaired or replaced as I've seen in other blogs?  I was scanning quite happily until 48 hours ago, and then blam, the "CUE scanning flow component is not working."  I've not added any software, I did not update any software other than normal Windows updates and Norton AV & utilities updates.

HP Recommended

I tried this but, no file hpqscnvw was found

HP Recommended

@Braunsky wrote:

I don't care how many times this fix has been posted, it does NOT work with Windows 7 professional 64 bit.  I have uninstalled, cleaned the disk, cleaned the registry, reinstalled, 3 times.  It does not work.

Is there a registry entry that needs to be repaired or replaced as I've seen in other blogs?  I was scanning quite happily until 48 hours ago, and then blam, the "CUE scanning flow component is not working."  I've not added any software, I did not update any software other than normal Windows updates and Norton AV & utilities updates.

Had this working on a Win7 Home computer until it needed to be retired.  I replaced it with a new Win7 Pro x64 computer and I'm having this issue.  Has anybody figured out a fix for Win7 Pro x64?  Has anybody tried this software with Win10?

HP Recommended

For scanning just create a short-cut for the applcaication executable for "hpiscnapp.exe", which should be in the follwong directory.   "C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin".

HP Recommended

FYI.  I upgraded to Windows 10 from 7 and have an HP OfficeJet 6500 Wireless All-In-One and it was also working fine until two days ago then just like everyone, BAM!! this dumb same error.  NO call to HP, what would be the point.

Anyhow, just fine the executables for the part of the HP Solution Center that you need and run from there.

My Previous post: Spell Checked this time - 

For scanning just create a short-cut for the application executable for "hpiscnapp.exe", which should be in the following directory.   "C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin".

HP Recommended

I do't have file:  hpqscnvw ???

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.